9🥀 - The Wedding day

[The wedding day]

Aaditya's pov-
We have already reached Ratnagarh,all dolled up and music blasting through my ears while I am sitting on the carriage with about 16 white horses,
We are welcomed by a beautiful dance performance, We head inside as we reach the stage which is surrounded by water on all sides with With huge lotuses lying around.

Shortly after, the sound of a shehnai fills the air, capturing everyone's focus as it comes from the entrance.
The Varmala ceremony was about to commence, and the atmosphere buzzed with a blend of excitement and playful anticipation.

Soon Ragini appeared adorned in her dark red bridal lehenga, bold red lips,loaded with beautiful jewels complementing her whole look. The dress hugged her curves perfectly, she looked mesmerising, finally she glanced up at me, after a good staring contest she looked away shyly. Her hands nervously holding the hem of her dupatta. She looked around her observing Everyone's reaction and plastered a huge smile on her face when Nandini gave her a flying kiss.
Her bond with her siblings was really strong and anyone could sense it After a few meetings

She soon stood in the front of the stage And I forwarded my hand to help get up with attire she was wearing. When I looked up at her our eyes met, She was indeed beyond beautiful.

Fate had orchestrated this union for the economic benefit of both kingdoms but I felt there was something more to it than just a mere alliance. Could we be more than just an arranged alliance formed by our families?

.......🥀.......

The ceremony started as everyone gathered around us and our family members joined the stage behind us while the guests witnessed the ceremony

Ragini stifled a giggle, stealing a glance at me, she looked back at Nandini signalling a 'no'

Meanwhile, Rajveer, grinning with mischief, approached me and said, "Bhai-sa, zara hum logo ki taraf bhi dekh lijiye"

Intrigued by Rajveer's playful tone, I quirked an eyebrow,
"Tumhe toh mein roz hi dekhta hu Rajveer, chup raho "

Rajveer chuckled, "ohho! Bhabhi-sa abhi toh shaadi bhi nahi hui aur Bhai-sa pe aapka rang abhi se chad gaya hai"

"Rajveer" Aaditya stopped him from saying anything further as everyone started laughing, leaving both of us Flustered. It wasn't anything like what rajveer was saying. I was just looking at her, staring - my inner voice taunted.

As the ceremony progressed, the time for the Varmala exchange approached.Varmalas were handed to both of us through the platters covered in rose petals. Ragini, her eyes twinkling with playful mischief, whispered something to her older brother, Mansingh and he nodded

I forwarded my hand to put the garland through her neck and just before I could put It mansingh lifted her up, making it a little difficult to reach
Surprisingly Rajveer and Bhai-sa also held me up within a matter of seconds
Laughter and cheers filled the hall as the playful banter continued, lifting the spirits of everyone present there. After a few efforts I easily put the garland on her but it was getting difficult for her to reach me due to our height differences.
I bowed down a little in her direction to receive the garland, I was surprised to find Ragini raising it playfully higher, a teasing glint in her eyes.
But then she finally put the garland on me.

The playful banter and joyous laughter continued, making the Varmala ceremony a lively and memorable event. Shy glances and heart-fluttering moments were woven into the fabric of this special day, promising the start of a beautiful journey filled with laughter, shared adventures, and genuine affection between the two families