35🥀 - Goosebumps!

Notes leke baitho bhai expectations high hone wali hai! Jald hi🤭😂
_____________________________

Ragini's pov-
He shut up and I regret every ounce, why did I ask him that, Maybe he doesn't wanna talk about it, or I guess I am being a little too intrusive, he also has a personal space and I shouldn't have invaded it.

"It's okay hukum You don't have to-"
I try to get up but he doesn't let me get up and wraps his arms around me holding me in his embrace as my back automatically arches forward.

"Yes"

Huh? What is hee saying YES To?
I look at him confused as he continues

"Rukiye Ragini, aap humari ardhangini hai. Jo chahe puch sakti hai humse"
(Wait Ragini, you're my wife. You can ask me whatever you want)

"I didnt mean to make you uncomfortable hukum I-I am sorry"
I try to get up but he doesn't let me move, not even an inch. His arm wraps around me protectively I look down blankly and he continues ignoring my apologies.

"And yes... I do miss her, a lot"
He continues further after taking a pause

"....I was just eleven when she passed away (murdered)..it was difficult for all of us, rajveer was so little, it became So difficult to explain him that now we had become orphans...I-....It felt like the worst nightmare of my life Ragini...I'd tried my- ....best to not loose my calm-..., I felt so vulnerable at that moment..."
Hukum finally confided, his voice filled with the weight of that painful memory, I could see the hesitation in his eyes and I Didn't want to force him to tell me things. I gently clutched onto his shoulders as his gaze met mine

"It's okay, Hukum. You don't have to share more if you're not ready."
I lean in looking right through his orbs, I wanted to make him feel safe, I wanted to be his safe place and not force him to tell me Everything.

I rest my head on his chest before saying
"We have all the time in the world hukum"

His hand slowly pats my head as he smile a little
"It's Not that I Don't want to tell you Ragini , I've just never talked about this To anyone. Ever."
He said genuinely, I could see it in his eyes.

"I know Hukum, it's fine"

"Thank You for understanding princess, I know you expect me to tell you about my past. And Trust me I would tell you everything willingly. But There's a lot more to it than just two kids being orphaned... And I might need a little bit of time, on how to break it you. I Don't want to lie to you, That's why I am not saying anything further"

"It's fine hukum you don't have to put so much thought to it"
I look up to face him, resting my chin on his chest. He cups my face and kisses my cheek, as my cheeks Slowly heat up.

I Don't know but whenever He's close, my heart beats so fast, I feel so hot, especially my cheeks, they start to turn shades of pink and red.

I used to think that only happened in a few books I read over the time but I Don't know how to explain this feeling.

"Where are you lost Princess?"
He asks, caressing my cheek with his thumb,I lean into his touch and reply

"Nothing hukum"
I yawn and he chuckles looking at me.

"Let's go my sleeping beauty"
I chuckled at his choice of words and before I could ask him anything further he picked me up and started to head to the bed.