Chapter 1: Stuck in the Middle

I was always in the middle.

Even if I'm the youngest among my sisters, I'm always in the middle somehow.

I'm not sure why, But it just always ended up like that.

Aria, full name Ariele, was the oldest, and the strong, bold, confident one. She always stood up for anyone and was the one who often get in trouble.

Lia, full name Alicia, was the second oldest. She was the optimistic, happy one. She had a beautiful smile and cheered people up when it was needed.

Even though she was the optimistic one, she often fought with Aria.

They never agreed on things considering their personalities are complete opposites.

And there was me. Vera. I wasn't optimistic or confident, I was quiet. I never talked much, only when needed. I always kind of went with the flow of things.

I'm usually the one who stops their fighting before it gets to serious. I gave advice to them even if I was the youngest.

"Tell her she's wrong, Vera!" Aria says pointing at Lia, breaking my thoughts.

"About what?" I question.

"This entire situation!!"

"You can't always judge people so fast, Aria! You know I'm right!" Lia yells.

"How can you trust people so easily?! This is just like your problem last time."

"Stop yelling so much," I say.

"We're still at the police station."

They scoff and turn the opposite way.

"Aria, you shouldn't judge people so quick,"

"But-"

"Lia, you shouldn't be so defensive over something like this. It's fine if you trust people but don't do it so easily."

I sigh.

I completely forgot about our situation.

Our step-dad is dead. Here we are, waiting for our biological father to pick us up.

He apparently had a tragic car accident.

"Your father is here to pick you guys up. Gather all your stuff." the social worker says.

"Finally," Aria breathes out.

We exit the room and there he was. A tear fell. I watched Lia start to get emotional as well. She gets emotional easily.

"I am Alvaro DeLuca, your father." he says, wiping his tear away.

We all introduced ourself and headed in the car.

"They have their own driver??" Lia whispers to us shocked.

"We'll be driving to the airport to get to Italy."

"Italy?!?" Lia and Aria says in unison.

After they say that, I start to zone out.

I remember reading mom's journal. She wrote an awful lot about our father. Most of it was bad.

I stare out the window. It was blue with hints of pink and purple. And the clouds, they were mesmerizing. I tried thinking on how it would be drawn.

There'd be light on the side where the sun was facing, there might be hints of dark blue.

Wow.

Life is, interesting.

Eventually, I fell asleep while looking at the sky. It seems to be a habit of mine.

"Vera, VERA!!" Lia says excitingly.

What the heck. We're already in Italy? That was quick.

We were in a different car. It looked beautiful. It must've been around maybe 7:00 p.m.

We arrived at a home.

More like a castle..

Or maybe a mansion.

Anyways, it was huge. The luggage was carried by someone else. Our father led us inside the house. It was even bigger on the inside.

This house probably has more worth than my life..

"Wow!" Lia says jumping up and down.

"We get to live here?"

Our father nods.

"You also get to meet your brothers."

"Brothers??" Lia and Aria say in unison.