Chapter 8: Vacation (1)

"Wake up Vera!!" Lia said.

     I yawned and looked outside the window. We already arrived at the place..

     After everything that happened, father thought that we all needed a break.

     So he booked a flight for us.

     Is this what rich people do?

     We all went inside the place. It was huge. Well, not as big as our house but it was big.

There were people that put our luggage away. Our 'teacher' had given us work we can work on.

     Once everything got settled, I started working on the work. Lia and Aria wanted to work on it later. We were staying here for a week.

     The work was a packet containing 6 pages. I wanted to finish it ASAP. My body was still a bit sore from that incident.

It's been a while since I've fought..

     I then went into the room I'm staying in to continue the work but then I stumbled upon another room.

     It was a library. It was peaceful and quiet in there. I got settled in there, put on music, and continued my work.

I sat in the corner of the place on a comfortable couch.

    The work wasn't hard at all.

     Leonardo came in a bit after I did. He sat in the seat infront of me.

    He did his work and I did mine. It was awkward at first but after a while, I got comfortable with his presence.

    We did our own thing until we were called for dinner. After finishing eating, I was heading back to the library but Lia and Aria stopped me.

"You wanna go for a walk around here?" Aria asked.

"Dad already said we can!" Lia said.

"Sure."

     The moon was already up. The streetlights were on. Around the place was a beach. It went in a circle. Water surrounded it but there was a pathway for heading out.

     We talked for a bit while we walked. We then went back in and I finished the rest of my work.

The view from here was great. Leonardo was still working infront of me. The view behind him looked beautiful.

Maybe I can work on drawing poses this way. I left the library and got all the stuff I needed. I placed it on the table infront of me and started sketching.

He stayed in the same position from when I started. I'm so glad he did..

I sketched the background. The moon was clear to see and there were distant buildings in the view.

I also added the bookshelves next to him and the sketch turned out amazing.

I really hope I won't mess it up when I paint it. I got out the paints I needed and started sketching.

I really didn't want to mess this up.

     I slowly started painting the background. The sky was dark blue mixed with gray and the moon shined bright.

     I couldn't find any clouds in the sky. After that, I started painting Leonardo's surrounding.

     The end table beside him with books on there, the bookshelves, and the books stacked on the bookshelves.

     After painting that, I moved on to painting Leonardo. I really hope I don't mess him up!

     I started with painting around his eyes and then painting his face.

     There was a chandelier on my right, his left, making the left side of his face brighter.

     He was tan. I then moved onto his hair. I was horrible at painting hair. It was hard for me to make hair look realistic.

     I moved onto his neck and shirt. The top half of him was PERFECT. It turned out just like I wanted.

     I started painting the rest of his clothes. I then drew the table infront of me and his laptop. And then, I was done.

     I added some details like eyelashes, highlights to his eyes, more detailed clothing, and my art supplies on the table.

     The painting turned out perfect. When I checked the time, it was almost 1:00 a.m.

     My eyes were slowly closing and eventually, I fell asleep.

                                      * * *

     I woke up in the room I'm staying in with the blanket over me. I didn't know who kept putting me in my bed.

     I found it nice but I still don't know who's been doing it.

I got ready and went downstairs. Lia and Aria were downstairs chilling and father was sitting at the table on his laptop doing work.

Breakfast was on the counter so I got some breakfast and sat next to Lia and Aria.

They were on their phones doing their own thing. After I finished my breakfast, I went back to the room and went on my phone.

I laid in bed for a bit until I got bored of doing and headed to the library.

There were multiple books in here. There was even a second floor of the library. Every single genre was here.

I read a couple books and after I finished them, I went to the second floor.

The view from the second floor was even more beautiful.

     I went back down so I can get all my paints and things that I would need.

     All of my stuff was well organized. I grabbed what I needed and brought it back upstairs.

     I took a seat, placed my things down, and started painting.

     The window was a lot larger. There was a couch in front of the window and a coffee table. There were bookshelves on the wall and the sun was bright.

     I started to sketch out the view. The buildings in the distant were more seeable and making it look even nicer. There were a good amount of clouds in the sky.

     You can see the clouds going farther and farther since the farther ones are grayer. The sun was almost covered by the clouds at this point.

     I started to get a bit sleepy. After I finished sketching the view I decided to take a nap and I fell asleep immediately.