Chapter 7: The Dinner

"This is too hard!!" Lia whines.

     After our other family members left, we started being homeschooled again.

     I already finished all my work already..

     I'm so bored..

     I go up to my room and and plop down on my bed. I sit up to get my phone and I see another envelope.

.

     I'm too tired to check it. . .

     I lay down again and put on music.

     I love listening to music. It always helped me.. My door then opened and it was Lia and Aria.

"You wanna watch something with us?" Lia asks. She sits on my bed and I sit up.

"Watch what?"

    She shrugs.

"Anything."

"Let's watch downstairs." Aria says.

I nod my head and they leave first. Maybe I should bring the envelope in case I meet my father or one of my brothers so I could give it to them.

I headed my way downstairs and I sat down.

     We eventually choose a movie together and we all sat right next to each other.. I sat in the middle and Aria was on my left, Lia on my right.

   It was almost 4:30 p.m.

   Alessandro came downstairs and then watched with us.

   Eventually, more and more people joined in. I felt exhausted. I didn't know why, I just did.

Father then came in around 6:00 p.m.

"We'll be having eating out for dinner to meet up with some people," he announced.

"get ready soon."

He leaves after that not saying who we'll be eating with.

I should've gave him the envelope.

   Alessandro starts to shake Emiliano to wake him up.

I get up and saw father sitting down at the dining table. It looked as if he was contemplating about something.

I quickly went up to him and handed him the envelope.

     After that, I went upstairs to get dressed even though I felt extremely exhausted. That movie just made me more tired.

* * *

I'm so tired. . .

We had went to a fancy restaurant and we met up with another family there. We sat on one side and the others sat on the other.

There was a two men and two women-well technically one woman since the other girl seemed around the age or five or six.

Lia and Aria were talking about how cute a guy at the table was. He sat northwest of me.

I had caught the little girl staring at me and she hid her face behind her mother.

     The food was soon placed in front of everyone and once everyone had their plate, everyone ate. I only ate two bites of my food.

     I had a huge headache and my stomach hurt. Eating made me feel nauseous and even more sick.

"I'm going to the bathroom." I whisper to my sisters.

They nod their head and I get up.

     I head to the bathroom and I enter a stall. I just had to get my period today...

     Why is this day so horrible?? There's not even one pad here..

     Seems like I will have to ask father even though I really don't want to ask him. But I have to..

     I got up and left the bathroom.

     I got this..

     But why would he have any??

     I really should ask him..

     I go up to him and take a deep breath. My heart felt like it would burst.

"I need a pad," I whisper to him.

"Oh-"

     The realization came to his face and it was noticeable. He called Giovanni over and ordered him to bring me one.

Giovanni glanced over to me and then left.

     After a minute or so, he came back and I mouthed him a thank you.

     I quickly went back to the bathroom and I used it. I washed my hands.

     I looked up and saw a man in the mirror. A man was in the bathroom.

     Before I could think, he grabbed me and put a knife to my throat.

     Out of reflex, I quickly elbowed him. After realizing the situation, I turned around, and kicked him as hard as I can.

     Why am I dealing with all this today??!

     I wanted to cry. I didn't know why. I just felt like it. My headache only worsened from that. Who even was that? I should hide him..

I opened a stall, and stuffed him in there. He was knocked out. I then locked the stall and slid from under the door. My heart was pounding.

I looked in the mirror and fixed myself. I then went back to the table and acted like nothing had happened.

My head was still hurting so I put my head down.

     Everyone seemed like they were having a good time. But they were all so loud.. My vision blurred a bit. I didn't know why..

     But who was that man in the bathroom?

"Eat some more," Aria told me breaking my train of thought.

"you barely ate.."

     I ate one more bite of my food and I felt like I had a migraine. My vision blurred and I blacked out.

     I could finally sleep..

* * *

When I finally woke up, the room was quiet. I sat up. Father was in there, asleep on a couch. The only other in here besides me and father was Leonardo.

He was on his phone. I laid back down. I felt a bit nauseous. My migraine was gone but I still felt tired. I didn't have much energy to move.

Well, today was crazy. I stayed awake for a while since I couldn't sleep.

After a while, Vincenzo came in with a tray of food and saw me awake snd staring at the ceiling.

He went back out to tell everyone that I was awake and everyone rushed in.

"Are you okay?!?" multiple people said at once.

I nodded. Vincenzo told everyone to leave saying that I need more rest to have more energy.

He wasn't wrong about that.

Once everyone left, he sat next to me and caressed my forehead.

After he did that for a while, I fell asleep at peace.