Chapter 4: Homeschooling

"I really wanted to sleep in.." Lia whined with her head down.

     The homeschooling started today. I also wanted to sleep in too though..

     Vincenzo woke us up this morning. I woke up in my room with all my stuff in there. And the painting, it was hung up downstairs. I wondered how it got there but I was too shy to ask.

     The session occured in the living room. Our brothers were all there. My sisters glanced to them from time to time and looked at each other as if they thought the same thing.

     The person teaching us was a man named Mr. Hudson. For our first couple sessions, he said he would do review with us first. After two and a half hours, he left, leaving us homework to do.

     Aria put her hands in her hair.

"I don't get this!" she said, clearly frustrated.

     She pointed at the question looking at me for help.

"The answer is 11."

"Thanks!"

I had finished all my work already and I decided to paint again. I went upstairs, got all my stuff, went back down, and set it all up.

The scenery seemed even more beautiful in the daytime.

I did help my sisters -gave them answers- from time to time. Our brothers also helped out a bit even though it was still awkward between us.

I started to sketch out the scenery. The sky was clear with a little bit of clouds there.

It was all so beautiful. It felt as if time had paused and I could take it all in. And, I could add so much more details since it's daytime.

     I sketched it all. Everything I noticed. Anything.

     I stared at it for a while. What else could I add?

     I couldn't help but get lost into it.. I did zone out a few times into it.

"You guys almost done?" Emiliano asked coming in.

"Almost.." Aria and Lia answer in unison.

"You guys wanna watch a movie?"

"Sure!" Lia said, making Aria give her a weird look.

     Lia rolled her eyes at Aria. Aria pretended as if she didn't notice.

"What movie are we watching?" Lia asked, acting as if nothing happened.

I started to get my paints out. What should I paint first though..

I started doing the base color of the grass first. The sky was a mix of blue, pink, and purple. The city was seeable from whete we were.

There were some lights on there. Maybe I should have started with the sky..

It's too late now.

I started adding lighter green to it and added detail to the strands of the grass. It was turning out pretty good so far..

I moved onto the sky and mixed some of the blue and purple together for th-

"VERA!" Lia yelled

I turned my head towards her.

"Hm?"

"What do you want to watch?"

I shrug.

She turns to face Aria.

"What about you?"

"Let's watch a KDrama,"

"Whatever." Emiliano said pouting.

     They chose the first one they saw and they were already into it. I didn't really see our other brothers throughout the day.

     As I was painting, I looked up once in a while to watch the show.

     It was turning out pretty nice.

Before I knew it, it was time for dinner. Everyone sat down and the plates were placed down.

"Your cousins, aunts, and uncles will be coming tomorrow--including your grandfather to celebrate the arrival of your sisters."

"Why should we even bother celebrating them coming? It's not like it's something to celebrate about." Giovanni said nonchalantly.

Father slammed his hand against the table.

"GIOVANNI." he yelled.

"You know damn well how to act in the household. I will not tolerate this behavior."

"Like I give a fuck.."

Damn! It was a real life movie. Aria and Lia sat there with their mouth open and stared at each other blankly.

Giovanni had stormed out and father collected himself. He excused himself right after and when up to Giovanni's room.

"Don't mind him," Alessandro said reassuringly.

"he just has anger issues."

"Let's not mind him.." Lia said.

"Tell us about our family!"

"Well," Vincenzo said.

"We have five uncles and aunts from our father's side and three uncles from mom's side and two aunts."

"Just siblings or including who they married?" Aria asked.

"Including who they married, but our father only has brothers and our mom has two brothers and one sister."

"Damn." Aria and Lia said at the same time.

As they were talking, I started eating my food since I was hungry from before.

He talked more about our family. We were the first generation of girls from our father's family and the youngest of all of our cousins.

After I finished eating my food, I sat there listening to what they were saying.

"None of your cousins are mean but a lot of them tend to tease a lot."

"Don't worry," Gabriel said.

"if they're ever mean, I'll beat them up."

Him saying that made Lia and Aria laugh a LOT.

They kept on talking and then we heard yelling. The yelling came from upstairs. I heard father yelling and I think it was with Giovanni.

"Why do you think he's yelling?" Lia whispers to me and Aria.

They love to gossip..

"I don't know," Aria answers.

I leave the table, wash my plate, and get back to my painting. It was halfway done but the sun started to set more.I finished it at around 8:30 p.m. but adding some more details to it.

At this point, the sun was fully down and all the streetlights were on.

I cleaned all my stuff up. I put my painting under my other painting that was hung up and I left it there.

I head upstairs, put my stuff down, and jumped on the bed. I felt exhausted. Would it be like this every day? If it did, I would get bored so quick..

What would I paint next?

This was still just the first week of being here..

I shouldn't worry about this. I should probably go to sleep now.