Chapter 5: The Family

"VERA!!" Lia yelled in my ear.

"Hm?" I answered tiredly.

"THEY'RE ALMOST HERE!!"

"Who?"

"THE FAMILY!"

"Oh,"

"I'll be down in a bit.." I muttered.

"Hurry!!"

     She ran out of the room.

     After laying in bed for a few more minutes, I got up to get ready. Lia came back in.

"Ready??"

I nod.

"Finally!"

     I followed her downstairs. Aria was already down there. She was standing there awkward next to Vincenzo. When she saw us, she ran up to us.

"Where have you guys been?!? They're about to come inside." she whispered to us.

"I was waiting on Vera," Lia said.

     We all stood next to Vincenzo who was waiting patiently.

     Father opens the door and welcomes them in. I couldn't even count how much people were here.

     All the cousins were told to line up and they were introduced.

     I zoned out during that. There's no way I could memorize all of their names. There was too much.

"Girls," father said going up to us with someone beside him.

"This is your grandfather."

     He seemed more intimidating than father was. His face made it look as if he's mad all the time.

     Aria introduced herself to him.

"Hello, I'm Aria." Aria introduced herself to him.

"I'm Lia!"

"I'm Vera," I muttered.

     Lia tried to make some conversation but I could tell he wasn't good at it. Everyone was chatting away in the living room.

Me, Lia, and Aria just stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to do. Our cousins talked with our brothers.

"Do you guys wanna get out of here?" Emiliano whispered to us.

We all jumped because he came out of nowhere.

Lia spoke first.

"And go where?"

He shrugged.

"Hang out?"

"Okay!"

It shouldn't be too bad.. I think. We got in the car and all of our brothers were there except for Giovanni, Leonardo, and Vincenzo.

Some of our cousins were also coming. I didn't know who though. It was 12:05 when we left.

They had decided that we go to the mall and we can also eat there.

It was a beautiful day. The sun was shining bright, the sky was clear with a few clouds, and it wasn't too hot.

Once we arrived at the mall we went straight to the food court. Our brothers ordered so we sat down, waiting with our cousins.