Chapter 10: "It's destiny!"

After our trip, we started getting back into being homeschooled, again. Every day became the same thing-well, not the same thing. Father has been more distant.

Not like he wasn't distant before, but he's been more stressed. It's as if there's something on his constantly on his mind.

Grandfather moving in didn't change much. Still, every day felt the same.

But today was different. We had to go to another dinner again.

     It was with father's buisness partners. I don't know who the people at the other dinner we had were but I went along with it.

     Dresses were picked out for me and my sisters. Very nice and expensive ones.

     We were having a dinner at the buisness partners' home.

     We all dressed formally and grandfather also came along with us.

     Once we were all ready, we got in the car. It was raining and the sky was gray.

     We soon arrived and the house was huge. It might've been as big as ours.

     We were greeted by several servants and maids.

     I then asked a maid where the bathroom was. I was so nervous that I drank a lot of water.

     I went the directions then told me to and I did my buisness.

     As I was heading back, I stopped. I looked at the painting on my left. I couldn't help but be mesmerized by it.

     It was beautiful. While staring at it, I felt someone staring at me. I looked to my left. It was a man. A hot one.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" he says, taking a step forward.

"My mother made it."

He reached his hand out.

"Roman Moretti, and you are?"

I shook his hand.

"Vera DeLuca."

     I heard him mutter something under his breath but I could quite hear what he said.

"Were you on your way downstairs?" he asks, not letting go of my hand.

     I nod.

"Perfect, I was just heading down."

     We both go down together with our hands still together.

     I tried to let go but he held it tighter.

     My heart was pounding. I've never been in a situation like this so I just went along with it.

     As we were going down the stairs, Giovanni was the first to notice us holding hands. His immediate reaction was to run up and break our hands up.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" Giovanni told him, clearly mad.

I look over to my sisters who stared at me and Roman. They were smirking and had a smug look on their face.

Well, I don't blame them. Roman Moretti was a very handsome person.

Giovanni shooed him away and put his arm around me.

Instead of me sitting in the middle between Aria and Lia, I sat between Giovanni and Lia with Roman sitting right in front of me.

The food was passed out to everyone and I started to dig in.

The food was delicious.

Everyone soon then left for a meeting of some sort leaving me with Lia, Aria, their cat, and this little girl who sat down in front of us all alone in their living room.

I pulled out a pencil and a piece of paper and started drawing.

I started to draw the girl and the cat. As I was sketching, Lia and Aria came up to me.

"Tell us what happened!!" Lia squealed.

"All we did was introduce ourselves and go down." I reply.

"That's it?" Aria asked.

"Then why were you holding hands?" Lia jumped in.

"He wouldn't let go."

Lia and Aria started to scream a bit until I shushed them.

"He likes you!!" they said in unison.

"Yeah right."

"It's destiny!"

All I did was nod and continued drawing. Lia and Aria went on their phone and the little girl played with the cat.

Once I finished the sketch, I used the pencil to add details and shadows since I didn't have anything to color with.

Their living room was way more modernized then home.

And fancy.

They had a giant chandelier in the middle and had portraits of themselves.

Everyone else had started to come out making me they had just finished their meeting. Now it time to leave. I left the paper on the couch for whoever wants it or if they don't.

Lia had to use the restroom so me and Aria waited for her.

"Your boyfriend's coming up to you!!" Aria said.

"Where?"

I looked toward the direction Aria was looking at and Roman was coming to us.

He waved so I waved back. He pulls out his phone and then asks, "Can I get your number?"

I nod and take his phone to insert my number.

I then give it back to him and he smiles. He leans in to whisper something.

"I'll be texting you tonight,"

He then leaves, just like that.

"O-M-G!! He's so into you!!"

I just laugh at that and Lia comes down.

Aria was jumping up and down and couldn't stop smiling.

"What did I miss?" Lia asked, confused.

"We'll tell you later!!"

We got into the car and I fell asleep in there. Once I woke up, we had arrived at home.

I got changed and went back down. Lia and Aria were already there-all huddled around the couch.

"He was literally looking at her with love!!" Aria told Lia.

"Now you're just exaggerating," I say.

"No I am not! And he winked at you! That was so cute!!"

"He did?" I asked.

"Who did?" Leonardo and Giovanni said in unison.

They said it so sudden that it made me and my sisters jump.

"No one!" Lia chirped.

"Go ahead with your conversation." Giovanni said.

I then heard a beep from my phone and saw what it was.

"It's him." I blurted.

"It's him?!" Lia and Aria both said.

"Who's him?"

Lia and Aria kept squealing and Giovanni and Leonardo stared at us with confusion.

The rest of the night was chaos after that.