Chapter Four ✩ The Trio

The basement was back to normal, or what was the closest to normal. It had felt haunted from the stench of death, but Kanae attempted to keep the thoughts at bay.

"Riko, I promise you'll be okay." Kanae had wrapped Riko's cape into a makeshift pillow. She took a frustrated breath feeling helpless and terrible that she had gotten hurt.

The scene that had just played out made Kanae overwhelmed. Nothing like that had ever happened to her and now she was with her injured friend, her brain burning all because she was weak.

"Are you going to keep brooding or are we finally gonna talk maturely?" Gojo stood behind Kanae with his hands on his hips. "Don't worry about her. I know someone who can help."

She slowly stood up turning to face the man. "How can you be so okay with everything? So many girls died tonight. Aren't you worried? This is so...fucked."

It wasn't easy blocking out the thoughts and visions of the girls she had known went downstairs to meet their fate. This innocent haunted house had become a death chamber with the sudden appearance of the spirit. How could such even happened?

He pointed towards the ceiling. "My friend upstairs is looking into it. Plus, I still needed to find you." He stepped towards her looking down at her fragile being, swiping his tongue at the corner of his lips. "No one has ever done what you had done to me before. I never felt so...drunk if that makes sense."

His eyes flickered onto her face making her turn away from his gaze. He wanted to be convincing but all it felt was a tactic of intimidation. Without another word, his hand caressed her cheek wiping off the substance from the curse. It was gentle but his hands had felt coarse probably from using his cursed technique and pummelling the cursed being to death.

Gojo had noticed her differing appearance from when he saw her earlier. She had less clothing and stood tall in the little red dress and black boots which made her look gorgeous. Her figure accentuated even more. Her hair that was in a high ponytail was messy and sticky from the exhaustion and fear running through but it created an odd lingering seductiveness to her.

"Your eyes go pink." Gojo said rubbing the last remnants of the liquid from her face with the pad of his thumb.

"Your eyes go blue, so what?" She retorted earning a smirk from the angel himself.

He tilted his head to the side with a blithe grin. "You are a troublemaker aren't cha?"

Kanae leaned closer to him wrapping her arms around the small of his back. "Says the devil in fucking disguise." She mutter into his chest as she rested her cheek into him. Fatigue was taking over to which she couldn't support her own weight. Shifting it into Gojo made her breathe easier and eased her pounding brain.

It was a bold move that made Gojo's eyes widened quickening the pace of his heartbeat for a few moments before regulating it. Her body was warm, maybe even hot now burning into him. Although a hot mess, she smelled like perfect roses which he hadn't expected. She was a tease and he didn't like how she caught him off guard twice in one night. He returned the hug now holding her waist.

"If you...if you weren't such an ass...you'd probably be cute." She breathed loosening her grip around him.

"Are you flirting with me Kurosawa? Seems like you are taking this fake girlfriend thing too seriously." He chuckled keeping his hold on her. He could feel her body go limp in his arms.

Removing his hand from her side he noticed the fresh crimson liquid coating his hand. He gasped gently coming onto the ground with her body resting in his grasp.

There was a sudden fear that crept into him, a fright of death now that he noticed her wound. It was huge and now he was aware, it was as if the blood wouldn't stop rushing. He held onto the wound tightly as possible attempting to flip through memories of Shoko giving him tips in life or death situations.