Chapter Nine ✩ Sweets and Treats

The duo were now in a train. The landscape around them moved by swiftly like strokes of water paint on the glass. Kanae sat by the window as she forced Gojo to sit on the aisle seat.

She never really had been on a train. Her father would drive her everywhere so this was a brand new experience for her. She admired witnessing the world whirling by her.

The perks of being a sorcerer was the pushed independence that you had to have. That was probably the only perk she didn't mind.

The train ride so far was silent. The two had convinced themselves that there was nothing to talk about yet were burning with questions. Gojo was curious about Kanae's words that morning. He held his tongue noticing how silently agitated she currently was.

Kanae glanced at Gojo from the side of her eye. They both wore their unique uniforms. Kanae deciding to wear an extra layer under to combat the chilly fall weather. Gojo wore his normal uniform with his classic shades with not much thought to it. He rested his right arm on the arm rest propping his head to glance at Kanae.

"Still stealing glances of me Kanae? At this point admiring me is a hobby for you, huh?" Gojo sent her a cheeky grin.

Mimicking a gag, she furrowed her brows. "Does it ever get exhausting being a jerk? Take a day off."

She fixated her eyes on the window back at the moving scenery. At least she had something to pass time by. Talking to Gojo was only going to tick her off more.

"Okay then. If I take the 'day off' and don't tease you today, would you stop being stubborn and talk to me?" He sat up in his seat now tilting his body to talk to her. Them ignoring each other for the whole duration of the trip would be boring to him.

Tapping her finger on her chin, she dwindled in thought. Was Gojo Satoru promising to stop being an asshole for day? Was that even possible?

"I don't believe you."

It seemed impossible for him to strive from that. It was his personality after all.

"Would you believe me if I said I was only acting this way because I like getting a reaction out of you?" He now raked his glasses in his hair causing her heart to skip a beat.

The simple movement revealed his piercing eyes. How could someone be so pretty in so many different ways? No matter how much he angered her, it was impossible to deny his stupidly beautiful face.

She cleared her throat attempting to mask the fluttering feeling in her chest. "I am sure there are other ways that you can get a reaction out of me without making me feel crappy about myself."

"Is that so? Do tell." Gojo awaited for an answer from Kanae. Pursing her lips, she scrunched up her face delving in thought only to completely blank out. "You got nothing, huh?"

"Whatever! Everything you do makes me feel bad about myself." She now leaned into the window, feeling herself growing tired. She had missed out on sleep, but falling asleep on a train beside Gojo was not the move.

"I can think of a way." Gojo said with another one of his grins.

Turning her head she raised an eyebrow at the man child before her. "And that would be?"

Kanae's hand had rested on the arm rest between them. Gojo gripped her hand in his bring his face near hers. Their faces were close, just like at the gym the other day. She took long blinks unsure of what he was planning. It sucked because she could feel herself folding hard. His eyes that looked like they carried oceans was pooling into her plum coloured ones with hints of mint from his breath.

"You know I've been wanting to say this since I saw you in the dorms that first day." He glided his thumb on the base of her hand whilst his other played with the tips of her ponytail. "You have beautiful hair, you know that?"