Chapter Five ✩ Unpacking

Walking into the warm hues of the sun rays, Kurosawa panted as she hauled her third packed box into her new home. It wasn't much of a home, it was a room that would be her new humble abode.

She panted stacking the box on the other two. That was the third of many and from how tired she was, it was going to be a lengthy and hard move in.

The success of it was that she commenced it early in the day in hopes of avoiding the sorcerers. A part of her had strong belief that they already had varied opinions of her from searching for every reason not to attend. When life started to go against her, out of the blue she decided to join them.

For a week she was considering going to prison, but her chit chat with her father urged her in the better direction.

Officially, she was on her own. Was that a good thing? Probably not, but at least she would have a peace of mind from her toxic parent.

It also helped that the school was offering to cover her expenses. They were really desperate for her. It did seem like a red flag, but she did enjoy the idea of officially being free from judgement.

She took a seat on the ground admiring her private quarters. A full sized bed was pushed along the side of the room with a desk opposite from it. The space wasn't huge but since she didn't have a roommate, it was perfect.

Standing up, she walked back towards her door. Her body halted at the sight of Geto carrying a box into her room.

Her eyes widened, "that's my box."

"I am aware. I just wanted to do...something nice."

His dark sharp eyes bore into hers. She never had taken a good look at Geto before but seeing him now, he was a good looking man. A small bang escaped his high man bun dropping down the side of his face. He was quite tall himself, just like Gojo.

He held the box before her accepting her silence and walking into her room with the box. He placed it on top the others as he began to admire the room. "Nice place you got here. A lot better than many of the other dorms."

"It can't be that bad." She leaned on the door frame watching Geto in her room. "Give it about a week and I'm sure my room will be like those other rooms you talk about."

He chuckled. "I hope not."

Silence again dropped before them. It was strange to Kanae. She hadn't expected company in this early hour, especially not Geto.

Geto and Gojo were the last people she would have expected to come see her. It was their confident attitudes that came off as arrogant which was off putting to her. They already viewed her as weak, so they would stay clear of her, right?

"Listen, we haven't had the best interactions as of late..." He moved closer to her now standing right in front of her. "Now knowing we will be working together, we should start off on a clean slate. I don't want you to think I'm some bad guy."

Kanae softly laughed. "You're all good. I never thought of you as bad...Well maybe a little bit cocky, but I guess I can let that slide if you are really as strong as you make yourself to be."

The corner of Geto's mouth curled up. He leaned in closer nearing her ear. "I guess I'll have to show you then."

With that he stepped out of her room leaving her a bit dazed from the sudden warmth of his breath on her ear. He seemed really mysterious, but being quiet shouldn't be mistaken with someone being shy.

Maybe I misinterpreted him...Maybe it's the same with Gojo?

"Oh and Kurosawa?" Geto called from the hall.