Chapter 1 - Adventurers

William woke up from his slumber by a knock on the door.

"Come in." He said.

The door opened, and Mary came in, her ears fluttering slightly.

"Good morning master." Mary greeted, holding a folded uniform.

"Good morning, Mary." William groaned as she opened the curtains.

"Come on lazy bones, we need to put this on." Mary said, holding up the uniform. William got up and started to put the uniform over his shirt. Once he had done that, he put his trousers and boots on. Finally, he put his Pickelhaube helmet on while Mary pinned his medals on. "There we go. If that's not noble like I don't know what is."

"Thanks, Mary, but I don't intend to sulk as a noble

"Thanks, Mary, but I don't intend to sulk as a noble." Mary raised her eyebrows in confusion. "I intend to transcend that and become a warlord, and eventually, if god wills it,."

"And have your revenge." Mary finished.

"Indeed. But for now, surviving is revenge. Shall we?"

Meanwhile, the receptionist, Claire, was at the desk again when a group of adventurers entered the guild. They had just completed a quest. The leader Mark, who weilded a sword and sheild, went up to the desk.

"This what you wanted?" Mark asked as he slammed the severes head of an ogre on the desk.

"Come on, Mark, give me a break, I'm gonna have to clean this blood up." Claire moaned as she took the decapitated head and handed over a pouch of gold. Then, the rest of Mark's team arrived.

Despite Mark's teasing, he was a good leader. He had 4 other members of his party: Jade the Magician, Kal the swordsman, Bobby the tank (not literally), and Lady the Assassin.

Jade was a rabbit faunus, and Lady was an elf.

"I'm only teasing. Since it's early in the day, do you have any more quests for us?" Mark asked.

"Yes, I do! This one is very important, so I'm entrusting you all with this." Claire said.

"Important?" Lady asked, her hood adding to her threatening aura.

"Just a simple escort mission." Claire explained. "You will escort a noble and his guard to a remote village in the south."

"Not a noble!" Kal complained.

"I hate nobles. They are always so arrogant, rude, and punchable." Bobby said, slamming his fists together.

"Hey! This one is different as he's the former heir to the Visea throne, plus he's offering 10,000 gold pieces!" Claire snapped.

"10,000! Even split between us that'd be enough to upgrade all our gear!" Kal exclaimed.

"I heard that Prince William is very kind and gracious." Jade said quietly to Lady.