Chapter 15 - Consolidation

Ida was typing on her typewriter, in the study, when Wilhelm entered wearing a new uniform. He held up a letter with a smile on his face.

"My Kaiser?" Ida asked, in confusion to the Emperor's happy demenour and especially the note in her hand

"I have just received a letter from my old mentor! The Overlord of Kosher. He is coming to visit this afternoon." Wilhelm exclaimed, Ida congratulated him but then Mary burst through the door with bloodshot eyes.

"Who's coming to visit?" Mary huffed.

"Calm down Mary." Serina said as she popped her head through the door.

"Just my mentor..."

"Who's your mentor?" Mary asked bluntly.

"Uhm, Overlord Edmur Hattle." Wilhelm said. Mary groaned in annoyance, planning royal visits was such a pain. "Come on Mary, let Schmidt lead this time."

"No no! I must do this myself!"Mary insisted.

"MARY!" Wilhelm shouted. Mary froze, she had never heard Wilhelm shout at her before. "I am not a young boy anymore, might I remind you that I am the Kaiser. And you are a member of my staff, it is not up to you to decide who is in charge of preparing royal visits. The Butler and Housekeeper must work together, do you understand?"

"Of course, I apologise sir." Mary apologised and bowed as her cat ears curled towards the ground.

"Good. You are excused." Wilhelm said, and Mary left. Wilhelm sighed, he did not want to shout at his longest carer and friend but it was getting ridiculous at this point.

"Do you think Mary is getting possessive due to you going to war Wilhelm?" Serina asked.

"I have no idea." Wilhelm said truthfully. "Women are a mystery to me." At that moment Felix came into the room.

"Your majesty. The cabinet is assembled and is awaiting your presence." Felix informed.

"Very well. Ladies." Wilhelm said as everyone Felix into the conferance room. Wilhelm sat at the head of the table and Felix sat at the other end. Ida sat on a seperate table with a couple of other secretaries, ready to record the minutes of the meeting.

"With the Presence of his Imperial Majesty I am authorised to commence this Imperial Cabinet meeting." Felix said after Wilhelm nodded as he sat down. "What is first on the agenda your majesty?"

"How are the efforts to establish a new adventurers guild?" Wilhelm asked.

"Myself, Lady and August have managed to establish a network of guild offices across Germany. We have even managed to find Claire and is ready for an audience with your majesty." Felix reported.

"Ausland agents managed to locate her fleeing from the Heroes party." Lady informed.

"Were you present?" Wilhelm asked, Lady nodded her head. "How ever did you elude them?"