Chapter 6 - Spartans

A week had passed and Serina was being fitted her new uniform by Mary, whom she had become freinds with. 

It was a white and gold uniform with a white hat, with a sash around her torso

It was a white and gold uniform with a white hat, with a sash around her torso. She had also been given alot of medals, as a result of the recent campaign Wilhelm has been issuing a number of medals including the Iron Cross 2nd and 1st classes for a single and repeated acts of bravery. The knight's cross, emerald order and so many more. The successful campaign also led up to a massive increase of troop recruitment. So much so that the Heer's number grew to a thousand men, this allowed Wilhelm to promote Aires to commander and promote 5 captains.  Wilhelm wanted to change Aires uniform to the proper Battalion Commander uniform. 

Afterwhich, each one was placed in charge of a garrison for an occupied town

Afterwhich, each one was placed in charge of a garrison for an occupied town. Wilhelmshaven did not need a garrison as Wilhelm trusted Yauros to retain order. 

"Mary, how does this look on me?" Serina asked, nervously. 

"Very well ma'am. If I may be so bold, you look very graceful with it on." Mary said while her ears twitched. Serina put her Kepi hat on. 

"Well, let's see what today has in store?" Serina said, Mary opened the door and Serina followed. Mary took her to Wilhelm who was checking up on the construction of the gigantic palace. People waved as she went by and she grew happy. Before no one had never shown her any kindness apart from her family members, but ever since she joined Wilhelm her life had durastically increased in quality. 

"Ah Serina, liking the new uniform?" Wilhelm said when Serina and Mary arrived. 

"Very much so, thank you sir." Serina thanked. "So how is the construction coming along?" Serina asked. 

"Smasher says that despite the LOW priority, construction should be finished in about a couple of months." Wilhelm informed. He then went to have a closer look at the construction.

"Mary why does Wilhelm not want the palace to be finished quickly?" Serina asked.

"It's not that, it's just that he cares about his people even more than himself. He would rather new roads and houses be built than a massive palace." Mary explained.