Chapter 4 - Conquest

Aires was waking up in his new house when dawn broke. He got up, put on his uniform and exited his new quaters. He had his cavalry helmet on, since he specialised in cavalry Wilhelm has insisted he wear the Cavalry Picklehaube. The helmet was different to any other he had to wear, but in most ways it was better. All Prussian helmets had soft padding which allowed the wearer to wear the helmet with ease, the varients of spikes provided more protection against malee strikes and the cavalry variant allowed for more streamlined travel while mounted. As he walked around the newly named town of Berlin, it was officially a town now since even more people came from far and wide to join the new nation.

Aires didn't know why, maybe fate, maybe God or just luck but now the walled city of Berlin enjoyed a prosperous life, and so did Aires. He had now gotten his own house thanks to the work of Smasher and his men, so did Wilhelm. Aires also had more men under his command, he now had four Lieutennants and platoons under his command. Two squads of cavalry and two squads of stormtroopers. This was mainly thanks to Luke Legantir and his increased ancillary workforce producing amunition and equipment. And lastly there was Wilhelm. Aires knew that the wouldn't just be content with Berlin. He knew that Wilhelm wanted to expand his kingdom of Prussia, and that meant annexing the nearby towns. And those towns had walls, Aires knew it would be near to impossible to scale them.

When Aires opened the door he found Mary waiting for him at the entrance.

"Good morning Mary, what brings you here?" Aires greeted.

"Good morning captain, Wilhelm requests your presence for a strategy meeting in the town hall." Mary said.

"Very well, I'll head there immediatley." Aires said, he was not about to refuse an order from Wilhelm. Mary said goodbye and went away before Aires set off to the Town hall. It had been built shortly after the walls were finished and was also used as the main residence of Wilhelm. People waved to Aires and soldiers saluted to him as he walked down the beautifull stone roads. Then he reached the town hall, the guards saluted to him and opened the doors. Aires made his way to the meeting room to find Wilhelm and four of his Lieutennants huddled around a map on a table.

"Not late am I?" Aires asked.

"Not at all captain, we were just about to begin." Wilhelm greeted warmly, the Lieutennants saluted as Aires took his place next to the Prussian warlord.

"Good morning everyone." Wilhelm welcomed the officers as the guards closed the doors. "Today we are going to be planning the expansion of Prussia." Aires liked the name Prussia, he had no idea where Wilhelm came up with the name but he liked it. Wilhelm then pointed to a point on the map which marked the town of Asquith, the town where Wilhelm had liberated the slaves. "We shall start with the town of Asquith, it is an important commercial hub which will provide Prussia and Berlin with immense wealth."

"But sir, Asquith has a wall to protect the town against seige." Lieutennant Daring said.

"He's right sir, we have no seige equipment or cannon to break down the gate or the walls." Aires pointed out.

"Not to worry gentlemen. Luke and his expanded Ancillary Corps have been developing cannons for us to use." Wilhelm said, he then went back to focusing on Asquith. "Once we take Asquith in the North East we shall advance to Morlok in the North. Then onto Palad and Yruk. Next we will advance to the West and take the town of Raliant and then down south to the Port Town of Haven."

"How will we retain each of these towns once we capture them?" Lieutennant Welsey asked.

"Since our military has doubled to 200 men we will leave behind a segeant with a squad to protect each town. And if need be we can reifnorce them once we conquer all the targets." Wilhelm explained.

Rise of a KaiserOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara