Chapter 25 - University + Harry & Meghan (Jan to August 2023)

Part 2

January 2024

On January 12, the Imperial House of Japan announced the death of Emperor Akihito at the age of 91 35 years into his reign as Emperor. Naruhito is now the new Emperor of Japan and his 22-year-old daughter Aika is his heir.

" Buckingham Palace

                                                                Press release

The sad death of Emperor Akihito deeply saddens Queen Elizabeth II Prince Philip and the entire royal family. The Queen and Prince Consort Philip with Charles and Camilla Duchess of Cornwall recall their many visits to Japan, meeting both Emperors and their Empresses Akihito and Michiko and Emperor Hirohito and his Empress Kojun."

" Buckingham Palace

" Buckingham Palace

                                                                  Press release

The Queen informs that Charles Prince of Wales Camilla Duchess of Cornwall and Helena Princess of Cambridge will represent the Queen and the Royal Family at the Enthronement Ceremony of both the new Emperor and Empress which will take place on 23 January. They will also attend a state dinner with the royal families the following morning and then a private dinner at the Emperor's official residence."

In the 11 days that passed, Helena went to all the classes at the University of Liverpool, where she did all the work, and listened to the teachers and professors, three classes also talked about Japan, its history, culture, sports, films, bands and its people, and in the afternoon she gave a speech to the audience of young people who inspire her to be a leader in their country.

Liverpool Arena (One Young World Summit)

Helena: Thank you very much, Madam Secretary. Good afternoon to everyone here at the Liverpool Arena. I know that many of you know my name, my position on the British throne and also as the future queen of both the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth, I didn't come here as a princess or as third in line, I came here as the future queen, I came here as a person. I've visited several countries and met several world leaders, politicians from all parties, and religious leaders, but when I go on these tours I do it for my future. I've visited places where, for example, reefs in Australia and New Zealand are in danger of disappearing from existence, our lungs at home, the Amazon, burn every year, and if they burn the planet weakens, I've visited places where it's almost impossible to breathe and have drinking water.

The next day, Helena with two agents flew on a commercial plane to London (...), in London she slept at Kensington Palace where she helped her siblings do their homework, played games, and had snacks and dinner with them. The next morning, with two suitcases already in the car, Helena said goodbye first to her parents William and Kate, and finally to her siblings George, Charlotte, and Louis. After saying goodbye, Helena was taken to Buckingham Palace where the Queen spoke to them.