Chapter 31 - University of St. Andrew (Scotland)

Scotland

On August 28th, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their eldest daughter, Princess Helena, went to their university where they met and started dating. At around 11 o'clock the car they were in stopped, they got out and were greeted by Rector Stella Maris, they shook hands and the Rector said the following words.

Rector: Your Highnesses, I and the whole university are delighted that Princess Helena is coming to this university just as Your Highnesses did when you met and started dating

William: Yes, I remember a lot about that time. I was still an 18-year-old teenager but today I feel that coming to this university has made me a man, to be brave and independent, you know.

Rector: I remember you at the time, it was a time when the university had more than 45% girls studying. Since then everything has changed, the university has changed and since then over the years we've made big changes.

Kate: Really?

Rector: Yes. I'll show as you can see.

Rector: Well, as you can see, in 2012 the previous Rector decided to build a second library for the university

Rector: Well, as you can see, in 2012 the previous Rector decided to build a second library for the university. This library has 16,000 square meters, three floors, 4 rooms for studying and doing work, and 2 computer rooms.

William: Does this library have solar panels?

Rector: Yes, my predecessor decided to install solar panels and since then we've installed them in all parts of the university.

Kate: And how many panels are installed here?

Rector: Well, we have about 150 solar panels.

William: And how much do you save?

Rector: With these panels, we save about 45% of about 3,400€ and with the rest of the panels about 1,500,000€ monthly.

Helena: And the library has to have an underground floor to store the most important documents, right?

Rector: Of course. Right underneath us, we have the first underground floor where we keep a lot of important documents from both the university and Scottish history.