Unexpected guests

It was a weekend where I was hanging out with haruhi, and we went to get groceries. When we came back to her apartment, the host club was standing outside of haruhi's place, talking about not disrespecting her. I facepalmed. Haruhi leaned against a pole. I sighed. "We should tell them we can hear them."

"Yeah." She grumbled. We looked up, and kyoya was explaining apartments to them. I had to admit, it was kind of funny. Tamaki was going over rules, as haruhi got more frustrated. 

"We can't say anything that would offend haruhi or her father and ask us to leave!"

"Well it's too late for that, go away!" I was both mildly annoyed, and mildly amused. 

"Haruhi! Y/n!"

"Those outfits are pretty cute!" Haruhi was in a pink dress, with a white shirt and jeggings, while I was in a plaid skirt with a black shirt and sneakers. 

"Shut up, get the hell out of here!" 

"I love you guys, but we were planning on having a girl's day right now. Please leave, and we'll see you guys tomorrow." Tamaki was screeching about haruhi cursing at them. Tamaki was blaming the twins, while haruhi's landlady came up to us. 

"Excuse me haruhi, but is everything okay?"

"Oh, hi ms landlady."

"Those young men are driving such fancy foreign cars, they're not yakuza, are they? Do you want me to call the police for you?" We tried to answer, when tamaki pushed us aside, and charmed the lady. Nat 20 charisma check? 

"Pleased to meet you madam. My name's suoh, I'm one of haruhi's friends."

"And he's got her."

"Hook, line and sinker." 

"We were just stopping by. We didn't mean to cause such a scene, I'm sorry."

"Oh it's no problem!" She came up to us. "I'll stop by later with some snacks for you and your friends." She giggled walking off. "See ya later!"  we both signed a little, haruhi more annoyed than I was though. Sure I was a bit irritated, but at the end of the day, there wasn't much we could do, so I shouldn't complain.

We all went up to haruhis apartment. "Here's the deal. Three seconds, one peek inside. Then you all go home." Honey senpai had different plans though.

"Look haru chan! I brought some sweets! I know how much you love cake!" I'm pretty sure that's you, but okay.

Haruhi looked at the box and sighed. "Fine, I guess I'll make us some tea." She said pulling out her key and unlocking the door.

Tamaki sighed, which I didn't miss, but hikaru spoke, saying something extremely offensive. "What a hovel." 

"Shut up!" Tamaki pulled at his face, making him groan in pain. I laughed a little, and started to take off my shoes, heading inside with haruhi.

"A wooden built two-bedroom unit. Not uncommon for a family of two."

"Haruhi's such a pipsqueak, so at least we don't have to worry about her hitting her head on the low ceilings."

"Well I think it's a super cute little room!"

"You don't have to struggle to complement it." Honey just now noticed I had my shoes off. 

"Hold on, are we supposed to take our shoes off too?"

"Yes, please if you don't mind." She gave me a playful glare. I just pressed my lips into a thin line and looked away. When I first moved here, and was still adjusting to life in Japan, I had no idea people took their shoes off indoors. I usually kept mine on until I got to my room. I didn't fully understand haruhi who was telling me in Japanese to take my shoes off. It wasn't until she switched to English that I realized what I did wrong.