Prologue

Author:

The setting sun looked beautiful, so beautiful that the young girl couldn't take her eyes off the scene as she stood amidst the serene beauty, capturing the picturesque moment on her phone, completely lost in the ethereal scene. Her family had already moved ahead, looking at the other beautiful things around there while she remained behind to capture this magical sunset.

Little did she know, as she focused on the setting sun, that a shadowy figure was slowly and ominously approaching her. His intentions were clear as he continued to advance without any intention of stopping, seemingly determined to collide with her. The girl was oblivious to the danger inching closer.

However, a young boy who was also passing by her paused for a moment, his sharp eyes catching the stranger's approach toward the girl who seemed to be engrossed in her photo clicking session. With a sense of urgency, he reached out and firmly grabbed her hand, pulling her away from the collision course just in the nick of time.

The girl's startled eyes widened as she looked up at the stranger who had just saved her. The boy was looking down at her in concern. She quickly realized what had nearly happened as she noticed the other guy standing there, sneering at the young boy's interference.

The boy's voice, concerned and protective, broke the brief silence. "Are you okay?" He asked the girl, his gaze never leaving the snickering stranger who now retreated.

The girl's heart raced, as she struggled to find her voice and managed to stammer, "Uh! Yeah, I... I am okay."

The boy, fueled by anger at the creep, growled at him, "Watch where you're going, you bastard." The stranger rolled his eyes and slinked away, leaving the boy and the girl in a momentary embrace.

"You are okay, right?" The boy inquired once more, his gaze softening as the girl nodded in response.

Just then, the girl's sister's voice called out, breaking the spell. "Isha, where are you? Everyone's looking for you." Panic overtook her as she realized her family had moved on without her.

"I, uh, I need to go... Thanks," the girl said to the boy as she withdrew her hand from his. He nodded, and she stood there, feeling the lingering warmth of his touch.

But the girl's departure was delayed, and the bou couldn't help but watch her, puzzled by her hesitance. His friend, with a teasing grin, pinched the boy and whispered, "Leave her hand, only then she'll go, you know."

The boy, startled, glanced down and instantly released his hold on the girl who only now realised that two more boys looking the same age as the boy who saved her were also standing beside him. She blinked and then looked down at her feet, seemingly lost.

"Thank you," she whispered and began to turn away.

The boy, not wanting to let her go without a parting word, called after her. "Hey," The girl turned back to him, and he added with a gentle smile, "Take care of yourself."

She nodded and then hurriedly retreated behind her sister, leaving the boys to watch her disappear.

"Oh, take care, hmm?" The boy's friend teased as he nudged him. The boy shook his head with a fond smile and replied, "Let's go."

But before they could return a sparkling object that fell from his shirts button caught his attention as he caught it in his hand before it could fall.

It was a chain and it even had a small charm in the shape of a half-moon,

He knew instantly that the broken part of the bracelet belonged to the girl, he looked at his friends and asked them to wait as he ran towards the direction where the girl and after half and hour returned disappointed. It seemed like the girl had already left from there as he sister has mentioned.

His friends assured him that it was probably nothing but the boy couldn't shake of the feeling that it was something important for her so he kept it in his pocket and left with his friends hoping he'd have the chance to return it to her.

The girl who had also realized that one chain of her beloved bracelet was missing, couldn't shake off the feeling of loss. She decided to retrace her steps, desperately hoping to find her precious keepsake as they returned to the garden just for her bracelet But no matter how hard she searched, she couldn't locate her bracelet.

Frustrated and disappointed, she took off the remaining bracelet and wore it as a pendant around her neck.

Meanwhile they boy after trying hard to find the girl decided to wear the chain as a makeshift bracelet, with the half-moon charm hanging as a reminder of the girl he had saved.

So what do you think?
Who is the girl?
And the boy?
And also did you love the first glimpse of the story...

Please drop your votes, comments and please share the story...