Chapter 27: The Wedding

Veer

Uh! this isn't nervousness I hope. I mean there is nothing to be nervous about in this. I am getting married and that's it, the end of the story.

Ugh, the marriage. Something I was running away from and here I am, a few steps away from the mandap and I think it's finally getting to me.

I am getting married. Married to the girl who has managed to enchant me completely and put me in her spell, so much that I can't look at anything beyond her honey brown eyes.

"Knock knock!" The voice broke the chain of my thoughts and I looked at the door, Sia bhabhi standing there with the Sehra in her hands.

She seemed all emotional as I moved towards her and helped her with the Pagdi as we moved inside the room and I kept it on the side table.

She whispered, moving her hand over my face as she crackles her fingers on her head, "I can't believe aaj teri shadi hai." (I can't believe you are getting married today)

"Aap ro kyu rhe ho?" (Why are you crying?) I asked wiping away the stray tear gliding down her cheeks.

She gave me a silly look and playfully tapped my head, "Tu itna bada Jo ho gya hai." (Because you are all grown up now)

"Sia bhabhi," I tried to say something as she shook her head and made me sit down, "Now sot quietly and let me tie this turban, I don't want to cry and ruin my makeup."

"I hope you both will always be happy." She said once she was done as I smiled at her.

More tears seemed ready to come out of her eyes as I shook my head at her, "Bhabhi kya mai aapse kuch maang skta hoon?"

"Haan, bol na." She replied.

"Bhabhi you know na mai kaisa hoon, arrogant, rude, ignorant, insensitive, reserved aur pta nhi kya kya," I started as she glared at me and I knew she was going to object on those so called nicknames of mine, "Veer,"

I held her hand in mine and softly muttered, "Bhabhi please, I know even if the whole world is against me you'd still take my side,"

She smiled and so did I, I knew that I was very fortunate to have someone like Sia bhabhi in my life. She is the best person anyone can ask for, I don't know about my mom obviously but Bhabhi has been the mother that my mom should have been to be and Jyestha.

"But bhabhi turns out your Veer is an idiot afterall," I paused as she chuckled. Well she did agree on that cause she is the one who calls me nalayak.

I took in a deep breath and looked at her, "Promise me bhabhi that in future if I ever make a mistake, intentionally or unintentionally then you will take care of Irisha."

She looked at me with all the care in the world as I added, "You will pull my ears, infact even slap me if needed and make me understand so that I can rectify my mistakes."

She shook her head at me and tapped my nose, "You really are an idiot,"

I smiled nodded my head as she gave me the box she brought along with the turban and told me I had to give it to Irisha as it's our family's tradition to give the daughter in law of the house something on the wedding night as a gift.

"You say you don't love her but you care so much for her and you are already afraid to lose her Veer." She said as I looked up at her. Is that what I was really like? No way? There is no way thay I like her. I am not in love with her.

She looked at her phone amd smiled and then looked up at me, "Dekha hai use kitni khubsurat lg rhi hai hmari Isha aaj,"

Wo Kab khubsurat nhi lagti bhabhi