Chapter 20: Your Mr. Raichand

Before we start, as you all know I am on Scrollstack and the second book the afterglow series is on Scrollstack: free for followers. Many of you were asking me about the other books, so I decided to just start with them as well, it's an academic rivals to lovers and the leads are Adrian Blackwood and Grace walter...

Please go and give me a follow on Scrollstack and check out Apricity...

You can easily find the link on my message board.

Please follow me on Scrollstack, Thankyou.

Now here is the chapter,

------------

Veer:

I stared at my reflection in the mirror trying to figure myself out. My eyes swept to the ring around my finger as I looked at it. I had expected this. Didn't I?

I had to marry one day after all and why not if it made my Badi ma smile, I would even maybe bring the moon to her.

But what I did not expect was to be so indulged in a relationship, in this whole ordeal that sometimes can be so shallow that it leaves you with nothing but hurt.

Marriage is a pious relation and I am very well aware of that. I respect the relationship the couples in my family share and even adore it but I also knows that they are made for each other types.

They complete each other, but me? I am already so much ruined that I will just destroy whoever attempts to come close and yet here I was, trying to not think of my to be wife, I couldn't keep my hands off just a few minutes ago when I myself made it very clear that this was all supposed to be just an act.

She is too innocent, but she is intelligent as well. She knows the kind of person I am, she knows I am too much emotionally deranged to be emotionally attached to her.

She knew and yet she choose to   choose me.

The thing is, she is the only one of her kind, atleast the only person that has managed to get a glimpse of the real me so effortlessly.

I need to maintain my distance from her and yet her not giving an answer as to why she choose me troubles my mind and yet it makes me feel something I had thought I never would be able to.

She couldn't have fallen for me. Right? Ofcourse not. She isn't one to be affected by my status. If there is something I know about her, I know she is a good person.

Too good to be welcomed in a world of darkness which is mine.

I looked past her eyes everytime I asked her why she wanted to marry me. Her hopeful eyes that she will change me, that something will change between us after our marriage, that she will make it work and that something will blossom between us.

But she doesn't know that her stepping into my world is only the start of her own destruction. My darkness will overpower her light, my monstrous self will burn the angel in her.

And as much as I hate her for affecting me so much, I hate myself for allowing her to step into mine.

I should have never approached her but just one look at her and I can't seem to look away.

I can't let go now, I want her to deny to this pact so that I can save her and yet I am wishing for her to stay because she is mine.

The thought of someone else calling her theirs burns me and I will have to keep her for myself so that no one else takes her.

When I went to her room to give her a chance, it was more of an chance to myself because once we got engaged, there is no going back.

And yet she came downstairs, it would be a lie if I said I wasn't totally awed at how beautiful she looked.