Chapter 4: The call

Veer

As I drove my car, I couldn't shake off the surreal encounter with the girl. Annoyance surged through me like a relentless tide. How had a simple drive turned into this disaster? Her scooty, my car, and that damned ruined cake, it was a mess of her making.

The image of her scooty and that ruined cake haunted me, but what echoed louder was the sharp-witted banter we exchanged.

The argument played on repeat in my mind, her suggestion to check into a mental asylum echoing absurdly. Frustration clung to me, but beneath it, there was an undeniable intrigue. Who was she to cause so much chaos into my day?

Her words stung, "Get yourself admitted to a mental asylum," she had said, a sarcastic suggestion in her voice. I couldn't help but scoff at the audacity.

A mental asylum? What a perfect choice for her.

I sighed, running my fingers through my hair, attempting to shake off the irritation. Despite the annoyance, her boldness lingered, leaving me with a nagging curiosity. Mental asylum or not, I couldn't deny that this encounter wouldn't be easily forgotten.

My phone buzzed, and irritation clawed at me as I answered. "What is it now?" I snapped, not bothering to check the caller ID.

The voice on the other end was apologetic, explaining a delay in the cake delivery. It was the bakery owner.

Welcome to the annoying girl part 2.
First the "admit yourself in a mental asylum" and now the "cast me out the city"

Seriously Veer! Why are you even remembering those dumb things?

"Really and what is the delay this time?" I asked, a smirk playing on my lips. I didn't let her speak and added, "I didn't send a delivery person this time, so who are you going to blame this on?"

I waited for her answer.

"First of all, it wasn't my fault that day," She paused, "And second of all, an idiot driving his fancy car nearly crashed into me ruining the cake so I have to bake one again." She explained her voice changing to irritated from apologetic.

As soon as she mentioned the crash, the incident from minutes ago again played in my mind. It felt like she was talking about us.

Really Was it my fault? This girl really, First they bring their scooty in front of a car and then cry because they nearly crash into us.

"Really how was that his fault?" I asked turning defensive.

"Nhi meri glti thi, jo Mai road pe nikal hi aai. Nhi?" She sarcastically asked as I looked at my phone, a confused look on my face. (Ofcourse I am the one at fault because I came out on the roads, No?)

"Allah miyah! What is wrong with you!" She asked in a tired tone.

"Me?" I pointed at myself even though I knew she couldn't see me.

"No, I am talking to Allah miyah!" She retorted.

Oh! That's okay, I guess.

"Ofcourse I am saying that to you," She paused, "Wait you don't know Zoya Faruqui?" I scrunched my eyes, Now who is Zoya Faruqui.

"Who is it?" I nicely asked.

"The queen of England." Came her genuine reply.

"Really? But I think it was Elizabeth." I gently said, opening my Google to check who was Zoya Faruqui.

"No Mr. Raichand, ofcourse she isn't." She replied making me relieved. Atleast I don't have the wrong knowledge about it. But who is Zoya Faruqui.

"You really don't have any idea about who she is?" She asked, shock and surprise very clear on her face.