Chapter 16: She said yes?

Veer

When I woke up in the morning it felt weirdly better, like something good was going to happen.

'Haan us bechari ldki ka tumse peecha chut rha hai, usse behtar kya ho skta hai.' My conscience mocked me as I rolled my eyes and picked up the call as Sia bhabhi's name flashed on the screen.

"Yes bhabhi," I asked after greeting her, I could hear Ansh bhaiya's voice in the background.

"Get ready and come here and I don't want any excuses." She strictly stated as I shook my head while preparing for my breakfast since I am already ready for the office.

"But bhabhi I,"

"Veer, no excuses and you are on leave today as well as tommorow so get here the first thing in the afternoon or I am coming there and this time you really won't like how your penthouse will turn out to be after my visit. Okay baby?" And there she goes threatening me again.

The last time I went home after going to office when she called me, she got the furniture in my room changed to pink colour.

And I don't doubt that this time it's going to be my room.

"Okay bhabhi, will reach in half an hour but you promise not to touch my room."

"Okay okay, I won't now get here soon." With that she cut the call and I focused on my breakfast.

The Mehra's must have already given the answer, that must be why bhabhi called me so early in the morning.

What did Irisha say though?

Seriously, what do you mean by what Veer. Any sane person would say no after all the nonsense you said to her over the phone.

And she probably wouldn't want to be stuck with someone like me. Heck, not just her but no one will. No one will be able to love me just like Mrs. Raichand left my Dad.

I don't want to end up like him and besides it's not like I can give her the love she deserve and just because my family likes Irisha, doesn't mean she should sacrifice everything that is hers to be with me and in return get nothing but a husband who doesn't possess a heart.

She wouldn't say yes to me. She said it herself and even though that's what I wanted it to be, my heart aches and I don't even know the reason behind it.

I checked our friends group since there were so many messages. They were all coming tomorrow or day after tomorrow and that is why they were informing me to be ready to face a tornado.

I rolled my eyes at their childishness and decided to get some work done from my penthouse instead.

After an hour or two, I got a message from Sia bhabhi asking if I had left so I sent her an assuring message that I will be there and then left for my home.

After parking the car I entered the house, knowing there were guests since Ram kaka already told me about it.

"Look, Veer is also here." Badi ma said getting up and coming towards me as soon as I entered the living room.

I smiled at her and looked around only to be shocked at finding Irisha and her family present there.

Sia Bhabhi, Shraddha bhabhi, Shaurya bhaiya and Aavyansh bhaiya were also there along with Bade papa.

"Bahut jaldi nhi aa gya tu?" Sia bhabhi literally dragged me and made me stand in the middle of everyone like I was a work of art.

I greeted everyone and said Hi to Riya and Rishit. The boy has been throwing me judging glances and I couldn't help but admire his protective stomach towards Irisha. I noticed it during Aditya and Riya's meet as well so I am prepared.