Chapter 2: Veer

Veer

My voice thundered through the luxurious office as I unleashed my wrath upon an unworthy member of my staff. I didn't tolerate mistakes, and today, my tolerance was at an all-time low. The employee trembled under the weight of my anger, but I didn't waver. My demeanor remained unyielding.

"I don't pay you to make excuses, we pay you to deliver results. If you can't handle that, there's the door," I barked, my eyes like shards of ice.

Just as I was about to give him the news of him being fired, the office door creaked open, and a familiar figure stepped inside. It was Aavyansh bhai, my elder brother, who commanded respect and authority in his own right. Aavyansh bhai had always been the calm to my storm, the anchor that contrasted my usual reserved persona.

"Veer," His voice was steady and calm, a stark contrast to the tempest that raged within me. "Enough. This won't solve anything. Mistakes can be rectified, Rahil, go work on it again,"

Bhai's wisdom and compassion had always held the power to quell my ferocity. With a deep sigh, I reluctantly backed down.

"You're right, as always," I conceded, though it was a bitter pill to swallow.

He offered me a reassuring smile and glanced towards the door where Rahil stood, "Also, make sure you rectify your mistake. Or this time I will be the one firing you." His tone was serious and it made me smirk because Bhai only gives one chance and he already took his.

The guy meekly nodded and left while Bhai looked back at me, "Now, Sia asked me to strictly remind you that everyone is expecting you at home today. It's a family gathering, Veer, and I want you to be there."

I nodded, the hardness in my eyes softening. Family gatherings were the rare occasions when I allowed myself to be human, to be part of my family that I cherished. The reminder of what truly mattered in my life was all it took for me to reevaluate my priorities.

I offered him coffee which he gently denied reminding me that he needed to leave for Sia bhabhi and his date. And guess what Sia bhabhi was taking him to an orphanage so that they both could spend some quality time but also be of help to the kids.

Once reaching near the door, he paused and softly spoke, "You should take some rest Veer." I cleared my throat giving him a tight lipped smile as he gave me a nod.

After bhai left my office, leaving me with my own thoughts, I got up moving towards the glass wall and looked down towards the crowded road.

In the heart of Jaipur, amidst the towering skyscrapers that kissed the azure sky, stood our main building - The Raichand Empire.

We were in the 27th floor. Only Bhai's office as in the CEO's and mine - the COO's office was in this floor along with the managing director's. We had the floor to ourselves and I like it this way. Gives me some privacy.

Raichands, a name that echoed through the elite circles of the city, we were on the top by every standard. After Bade papa, Aavyansh bhai took the position as the CEO and I as the COO. Last to last year Bhai got the best businessman of the year award and last year, I grabbed the title for our company. Bhai got it for 3 consecutive years.

Bhai is known for his calm nature although he can be just as ruthless when it comes to business while Bade papa and I are counted as most ruthless businessman yet Bade papa is known for his generous behaviour while I for an arrogance that could make even the most formidable tremble.

After Dad died and Mrs. Raichand abandoned us to make her life, I and Jyestha focused solely on our own future plans. Bade papa and Badi ma made sure we were okay.