#20

VIVIDHA'S POV

They gave me discharge but all the family members were in extra charge! Everyone very cautious about how I was feeling, what I need. Ved took leave from office....Very Great Move!

I was sitting on the bed, sticking by back to the headboard when Ved came in with milk glass in his hand. Can I run? Please!

"What is that Ved?"

I said as I am blind.

"A food item you hate."

"How do you know I hate it?"

"O come on! You're my wife! We live together, I know all these things!"

He said looking at the milk trying to hide his own disgust of the smell.

"I can see you hate milk too..."

"Yeah...Maybe I hate it more. So I got you a solution"

He said like a human-ified sunshine. Kept the milk right beside on the side table...unbearable smell!
He dag his pocket to get out bonvita packet and chocolate.

"I'll give you bonvita milk and if you drink that without a word....You'll get this chocolate as reward!"

"What am I a kid?"

"Well if you don't want bonvita--"

He said putting it back in his pocket dramatically.

"No no! I want it!"

He smiled with a expression of "Hahahaha fass gayi". He made me bon vita milk and gave it to me. I still made a bit disgusted face. I tasted the milk.......It was good! Toooo goood!

"Wow! Doodh accha hai yaar!"

"See, I am the best!"

He made a proud face as he giggled and gave me chocolate. Maa came in the room with a Tanishq jewelers bag in her hand. Me and Ved both looked up and down at her.

"Yeh gift hai Ved ki taraf se tere liye."

"Meri taraf se?"

"Haa matlab choice meri aur Dev ki hai, paise Ved ke hai..."

Ved nodded and took the bag from her hand and took out a long box from it. Likely there was a neckpiece inside. He carefully opened the box, I couldn't see the neckpiece but Ved's eyes widened little in shock. Why bro? Is it too expensive?

"MANGALSUTRA?"

He said in surpise and we looked at Maa.

"Itna kya shocked ho?"

Me and Ved looked at each other blankly then at Maa.

"Maa, meri aur Ved ki toh registrar marriage hui thi na..toh Mangalsutra..?"

I asked her. It was a real genuine question bro! Ved nodded in agreement.

"Ha aur Vividha ne 2 week mein nikal kar rakh diya tha Mangalsutra because it was falling down and she wasn't liking that it was falling down"

Ved explained. I am surprised, He remembers.

"Haa isiliye maine purane wale ho hi thoda modify karvaya hai. This a bit thinner that the original but the hook is better now."

We both saw determination in her eyes. She instructed Ved to help me wear it and left.

"Are you comfortable wearing it?"

He asked with concern.

"Yes. I wasn't wearing it because it used to fall and Maa said its fixed now so there is no problem"

I smiled. He unhocked the mangalsutra and shifted forward to me.

"Theek hai phir, pehna deta hu"

He said smiling. His hand went from my collarbones to the back of my neck slowly. This finger touching my skin. He tired hocking mangalsutra but couldn't. He slightly got up, came forward and leaned close to my neck to the a clear view of the hock. My breathes fluctuated. I could feel his breathe on my the side of my neck, under my ear. I slightly looked at him as he looked at me too. His eyes stayed on mine. His hands stopped searching for the hook. My eyes went on his lips and I pressed my lips together to stop myself from kissing him. He moved closer and I searched his eyes for hesitation.
And there was plenty!

"Ved..."

I said with hesitation. He pressed his lips together as he looked at mine briefly before he made a eye contact.

"PEECHE HATT NAHI PAA RAHA HU"

His wispers echoed in my head.
He touched his forehead to mine, clenched his jaws as he closed his eyes.

"Aaggghh!"

He groaned aggressively in frustration as he pulled back...actually he got up from the bed. He hooked the mangalsutra by simply positioning himself half behind me...

He looked at Me....I looked at Him....Awkward silence.

"Aa..Thank you for the Mangalsutra"

"Your welcome!"

We got back to normal tone as I broke the ice.

But Thank you wasn't the just thing I wanted to say, I wanted to say, 'Kiss Me. Don't Hold Back. I Would Never Take This Mangalsutra Off Ever!'
.

Aaah! I love the tension between them!