#23

VED'S POV

I was talking to Veer. He was telling me about a new girl he met at his course. As we spoke I saw My Girl walk down the stairs, managing her yellow lehega and duppatta. The dupatta covered her blouse, I don't know why, I wanna see what My Girl is wearing.

Okay Wait!
What!
Did I just think- My Gurl!
Why did I just do that?!
Thank God no one can listen to what we think!

"Your Girl's looking pretty!"

Veer teased.
He has super powers doesn't he?

She came down and adjusted her dupatta. Her blouse was yellow, it has flower design like the lehenga. Her hair tied up with a gajra around the bun. And around her neck was mangalsutra which looked like it belonged there for infinity.

Veer clicked a finger in front of my eyes. Seems I had zoned out on her and She...was standing right in front of me.
Awkward

"You look beautiful. Amazing."

"Thanks. We are...twinning."

She chuckled.
I looked down...I was wearing a yellow sherwani...

"Hehehe! Thats good! Lets go."

I chuckled. Sounded like a teenager!

We left for the venue. Which was 20 mins away from our house. Kinda in outskirts. 

"Kala badal chaa gaye hai sky mein."

I said looking up through the glass.

"U see Ved. Hindi mein hum kehte hai 'Kala badal' and english mein we say 'grey clouds' so which is the right one"

My brain was processing everything and with a wtf expression I looked at her and she was already controlling laughter

"Oh God Vividha! Medicines ka asar seedha dimag pe ho raha hai!"

And we burst into laughter. We arrived at the venue. It was going to rain in like...10 mins hardly.

"Theek lag rahi hu?"

She asked fixing her dupatta which was covering her blouse.

"Wait..yeh dupatta bass one side le lo...pura cover matt karo blouse ko.."

She did as I asked. I stood behind her and slowly removed her gajra.

"Kya kar rahe ho?"

"Tumhare baal khule aur bandhe dono acche lagte hai but I kinda like them more when they are left open"

I carefully removed all the pins from her bun and let her hair be open and free.

My hand went down from her shoulder to her palms. I felt her back straighting at my moments as she half looked back.

"You look beautiful"

I whispered in her ear.
I wanted to press my body against her and feel----

Shut the fuck up Ved! Remember The Contract!
Step Aside!
My subconscious yelled and I stepped back.

"It'll start raining. We should get in"

She said noticing my actions. We went in. Got greated by the hosts. Met some business partners.

"Should I get you a drink?"

I asked her. She raised one eyebrow....on the verge of teasing me.

"Do you even know what I like?"

"Nope! Do u know what I like?"

"Nope!"

And we stared at each other for 5 seconds trying to guess until she gave up.

"I like beer. Always."

"Oh cool. I too like beer mostly but in events like these...whiskey"

"Okay! Now get me my drink"

She smiled typically and I chuckled. Suddenly her smiled shrank into nothing

"Kya hua?"

"Aarya."

That name rang bells in my mind. I could feel my own smile disappear.
Aarya
Aarya
Aarya
Aarya
My mind repeated the name.

"Kon Aarya?"

I acted aloof.

"YOUR EX AARYA!"

Your ex Aarya
Your ex Aarya
Your ex Aarya
Your ex Aarya
My mind repeated again and again and again.

"Are you okay Ved?"

Vividha was concerned. I nodded.

"She saw me. She's coming here."

"Ughh! I never thought I'd see her again! I don't want to be here at all now!"

"Yeah I understand. I know you both were in casual relationship with very good sex but just get over it now!"

She toned switched from a wife to a best friend. It switched from Vividha Shrama to Vividha Sahni. For her, right now, Aarya was not her husband's ex...it just my ex..like no feelings involved

But her feelings might change when she understands that it wasn't just a casual Relationship with very good sex...it was something I hoped to become serious. That's the reason we broke up...I wanted something serious and she want casual...
But no one is gonna tell that to Vividha so its gonna be fine!

Aarya tapped my shoulder. I turned. She smiled excitedly but her eyes had some kind of not-so-excited look.

"Heyyyyy Ved!"

She hugged me and booooom! Vividha's expressions changed!

"Long time no see Vividha!"

"Yeah. Good to see you"

She faked.
No violence Vividha!
.

Some serious scenes coming up