Car Ride

Sal sits on the curb with messy hair and clothes that look like he dressed in the dark. Waiting for Travis impatiently Sal texts Travis.

Sal: you said it'd be like 10 minutes. I'm pretty sure it's like 3rd period now.

No response

10 minutes pass again

Another 10

Finally a car pulls up to the drive way. It's Travis with a broken nose and a chipped tooth, he clearly had been crying too.

Sal: Trav-

Travis: Don't say anything get in the damn car.

Sal: No! What happened? Are you okay?

Travis: I said don't mention it.

Travis said holding back tears and speaking stern

Sal then grabs toilet paper to atleast clean the blood. Sal sits in the car mournfully and empathetically. He didn't want to say anything more because Travis clearly didn't want to talk about it, and it's not like he could ask about his day or what took him so long.

Travis: Why do you look like that?

Travis says backhandedly

Sal: Look like what?

Travis: You look like shit.

Sal: Wowww, thanks a lot. Soooo appreciated Travis.

Travis: Someone had to tell you.

Sal: Yeah yeah, how far are we?

Travis: Damn, want to leave me that badly?

Sal: Yes.

Sal says while rolling his eyes

Travis: Oh get it

Travis says reciprocating the attitude

They start laughing together like it was the funniest shit in the world.

Travis: Five minutes

Sal: Really? Okay, do you know what period we're in?

Travis: Um, I think it might be lunch time, I don't know I don't have a watch.

Sal: Okay.

Finally they arrive at the school and enter the cafeteria. They walk in together and everyone is staring, it's not like they were holding hands or anything so what the fuck was going on?