✰ 16: back in your arms

Obi-Wan and Akya ventured to Tatooine to find a rather frustrated Jabba, who said they had one rotation to bring back his son, or Count Dooku and his droid army would.  They then went to meet Anakin on Teth, where a full blown battle had broken out between the droids and the clones— Dooku had been behind it all, and he had taken Jabba's son into custody.  On Teth, Obi-Wan had a run-in with the infamous Asajj Ventress, an apprentice of Dooku's— and Akya had missed all the action, because she was out on the battlefield helping Captain Rex and the rest of the 501st.  Luckily, Anakin and Ahsoka had escaped to Tatooine with the Huttlet, where they apparently had a run-in with Dooku, trying to stop them from returning the child to its father.  Obi-Wan and Akya weren't able to send any reinforcements to them in time, but they'd had faith that Anakin and his Padawan would succeed— and that they did.  The Huttlet was returned safely to Jabba, and a treaty was put together that allowed the Republic use of Hutt Space and cargo routes, which gave them a large advantage over the Separatists.  Obi-Wan, Akya, and the clones arrived just in time to take Anakin and Ahsoka back to Coruscant on the cruiser, which was in orbit up above.

All parties finally boarded the Jedi cruiser, and it began its course to Coruscant.  No one needed medical attention after that long, almost endless day, but they did need rest— something Akya did intend to get— after talking to Anakin.  They hadn't said a word to each other since Christophsis— and to think that was just yesterday.  It truly had been a drawl of a day.

Akya knocked thrice on the door to his temporary quarters and he opened, and a confused face turned into a smile. "Akya," he said. "You're not tired?" he added. "I mean, I know you missed the big fight with Ventress, but I'm sure you did something, Padawan."

Akya rolled her eyes with a smile. "Someone got cocky."

Anakin laughed. "Come in," he said, stepping aside, then closing the door behind her once she was inside. Finally, in the privacy of the room, they could display their true feelings. Anakin walked back toward her and put his hands around her waist. She put her hands on his cheeks, and the both of them smiled into a long-awaited kiss. In a couple seconds, they broke apart, both grinning more than before.

"You changed your hair," said Akya softly, brushing her fingers through it. His hair had grown quite a bit since the last time she'd seen him, and the length rested just under his ears.

"You changed yours," he said. She'd never kept her hair in a ponytail like she did today, trying to keep it aside so that it didn't get in the way of her fighting, and reveal her Padawan status by showing her braid. Anakin's eyes went from the bangs that fell at the sides of her face down to the small braid that rested on her shoulder. "Do you still have my..."

Akya rolled up her sleeve to reveal the bracelet she had woven with the braid she had given him and the other strings. He chuckled a little, taking her wrist into his hands and examining it.

"It's perfect, Akya." He let go of her wrist and she put it back down. "What about your necklace?"

Akya chuckled, then pulled the small sun pendant out from under her robes. He glanced at it, then back at the Padawan. "I love that you believe in those things."

"They're good luck," she shrugged.

"That's something I like about you. You've always got hope."

Akya sighed and smiled. "I've missed you, Anakin."

"I know," he said, nodding. "I could feel it." Akya smiled. She put her arms around him and buried her head in his chest—he had taken off his chest armor, and was now only wearing his robes, so there was nothing between them. She could hear the slow beating of his heart as he rubbed her back.