✰ 26: what fear leads to

"You ready?"

Akya chuckled dryly.  "Good one."

"Come on.  It can't be that bad," Ahsoka finished.

— ★ ✰ ☆ —

It was pretty bad.

They were highly outnumbered; 5 droids for every one of them.  One of their tanks was taken out almost immediately by the large walkers, and now, they were low on ground support.  One tank, 500 soldiers, and four Jedi.  That's all they had.

Akya was surrounded by droids, and though her sense of her surroundings was very tuned, knowing exactly where the blasts would come from and when to deflect, her fear was getting to her.  Surrounded.  Alone.  On a giant battlefield in front of a vital fuel source.  And Anakin — Anakin was inside of there with Ahsoka and some other men, fighting their way to the top so they could get the walkers out of the way. 

Akya was afraid of every outcome this situation could have.  Everything that ran through her head as she slashed through droids mindlessly was something bad and horrible, something she didn't want to happen.  Fear was bad.  Fear was wrong.

"Obi-Wan!" she called to her master, backing away from a particularly skilled droid— the same model as the ones that had kidnapped her just a few nights before.  It came at her with a large staff and at both ends, purple electricity buzzed, waiting to take her out. 

"Obi-Wan!" she called again.  She heard someone running over and as the tall droid took another swing, two blue lightsabers came to meet it.  While Akya held her stance, pushing back at the droid with all her might, Obi-Wan took his lightsaber off the staff and swiftly took as slash at its head, taking it clean off.  The droid fell to the floor, inoperative.

Akya's breath was heavy.  She stared down at the droid's disabled corpse with fear still lingering in her eyes.  "That was the same kind of droid that took me out of camp that night," she said, her voice low.  Finally, she looked back up at her master.  "I'm afraid, Obi-Wan," she said.  "I'm not strong enough.  Something's going to happen to me."

Obi-Wan looked at her, shaking his head.  "No, Akya," he said.  "You are one of the strongest people I know.  Do you know why?"

Akya shook her head.

"Because you were strong enough to admit to your fear.  And that is one of the bravest things someone can do."

"But I'm still afraid.  We're outnumbered five to one, Master."

"You need more faith," he said.  As their moment slowed down, more B1 droids came toward them.  The Master and Padawan stood side-by-side, taking on all the droids in their path. "Trusting in yourself is a crucial step on the path to becoming a Jedi, Akya."  He seemed so calm as he took on these droids, deflecting every blast that came his way.  "My Master used to say that everything happens because the Force wills it so."

Akya deflected a shot back at a droid. "And do you believe that?"

"I believe that everything happens for a reason," he told her.  "Everything happens so that something good can follow it.  Do you believe that, Akya?"

Akya thought about it. "I'd like to."

"Master Yoda always says there is no try," he said.  "But in this situation, just for now, I'd like you to try.  I understand if it will take a long time to really be able to get rid of your fear.  But for now, just try, Akya."

"Yes, Master."

"Good.  I'll stick by your side."

Akya smiled at her master, and they continued making their way through the droids.

— ★ ✰ ☆ —

"Are you ready, sir?"

"Ready, Rex."

At the same time, General Skywalker and Captain Rex pulled down two large levers, shutting down not only the walkers, but every droid in the facility.  It took way longer than anticipated, and technically wasn't apart of the plan (Obi-Wan wasn't going to be happy), but it had made it easier for everyone on the ground.

Rex was sent to the fourth floor where the main power room was located with the other clones so that he could shut down all the droids when it was time, and Anakin and Ahsoka stayed in the control room, so that they could take care of acquiring the codes and the larger walkers. Anakin had taken a rather long time getting into the Separatist computer system— as they had reinforced it a bit since the last time he was there— but eventually, the general's (expanded) plan played out in their favor.

Ahsoka watched through a small window as every walker outside fell to the ground with a loud crash and every droid shut down in its place, confusing the clones that had just been battling with them.  As they realized what had happened, they began knocking over the droids with one touch, celebrating their victory. 

With this plan, Anakin could easily use the elevator, pick up Rex and the others, and get back down to ground floor, safe and sound.  None other than Obi-Wan Kenobi was waiting for him once he stepped out of the facility, arms crossed.

"You weren't supposed to take that long."

Anakin rolled his eyes.  "You really don't appreciate me, do you?"

"It's wonderful what you did, but we were overwhelmed out here.  You should have gotten rid of the walkers and come back, like we discussed."

"But we won quicker than we would have, didn't we?"

Obi-Wan opened his mouth again, but had nothing to say. 

"There we go," said Anakin. 

Akya ran up to meet her Master, as well as Anakin and his Padawan, with a smile on her face. "You did this?" she asked him, gesturing vaguely to the battlefield littered with deactivated battle droids.  Anakin nodded proudly.  "Good job," she said.  "Took you a while, though."

"Well, there's pros and cons to everything," he shrugged. "Come on.  If we want the Republic to start securing this place, we better get more troops here, fast." Anakin left and walked off toward the tank at the other end of the battlefield, looking for a communicator. 

Obi-Wan shook his head as he followed his former Padawan.  "He's an enigma, that one," he said.  Akya and Ahsoka laughed.

"I can still hear you, you know," Anakin shouted back, smiling cockily.

a.n.

hiiiiii!!!! fun moments in this one. Akya and obiwan father daughter trust moments and anakin cockiness too! what a great combo

also I've been watching the bad batch and the new season just came out BUT i haven't watched the show before. I've just started on the second season. the first was so good! im so excited. i love those guys.

don't forget to vote!!

molly