✰ 29: how can a moment last forever?

"Now approaching the upper atmosphere of the planet of Naboo. Local time, 1900 hours."

The soft, droning voice woke Akya from her slumber. She picked herself up from Anakin's shoulder where his smile came to meet her.

"Did he say Naboo?" she asked, rubbing her eyes.

"I don't know, did he?"

Akya rolled her eyes with a smile. "You're good, Ani, but not that good."

"Well, you have your answer now," he said. "But I'm not telling you where we're staying."

"Staying?" she questioned, as the shuttle dove through the atmosphere. "The briefing is tomorrow, Anakin."

"It's evening on the side of the planet we're landing on," he explained. "We can stay the night, then by afternoon tomorrow, we'll go back to Coruscant and be back in time for the briefing.

"You're reckless, you know that? Do you know how much trouble we'll be in if we're late, together?" Akya scolded with a smile.

Anakin chuckled. "I know. But I'm not going to let that happen, trust me. We've got round trip tickets." The shuttle began its grounding sequence on a landing pad on the outskirts of the capital city. The engines hissed and slowly, the transport lowered to the pad and finally came to a stop.

"I trust you."

— ★ ✰ ☆ —

"Anakin, this is... wow."

Akya stared up, mouth agape, at the practical castle by the lake just on the outskirts of Naboo's capital.  It was beautiful.  Built by stone all the way through and lined with rows of ivy and flowers all growing high up the walls.  There were at least three balconies, all looking out upon the beautiful Nabooian landscapes and especially that pristine lake.  The dark sky above them showed hundreds upon hundreds of stars and constellations Akya had yet to see, ones she planned to study for ages. 

"Isn't it wonderful?" he said with a smile.  She turned to look at him.

"Anakin, this is the most wonderful thing you've ever done for me.  How did you do this?"

"This is Senator Amidala's lakeside home," he explained.  "We stayed here when she was under threat of assassination.  I asked her if I could visit with a friend, and she said yes."

"That's—" Akya looked back at the beautiful building.  They had this place all to themselves for at least 24 hours.  She planned to make it the best 24 hours of her life.  "That's wonderful.  Did she ask why?  Did she ask who the friend was?"

"Naturally," Anakin replied.  "I told her that I couldn't disclose that information just yet. She got a little suspicious, I think, but I don't suspect she'll tell anyone."

Akya let out a breath. "Good," she said.

"Should we go inside?"

Akya looked at him again.  "Yes!"

"After you, my love."  Anakin let Akya lead the way to the front door. She stepped with wonder through every room of the lake house, which was filled with beautiful furniture, tiled with what Akya would say is priceless art, and many corners were filled floor to ceiling with beautiful ivy that grew along the walls, giving the place a calming aura. Every step she took further inside made her feel more refreshed, more at peace with what they were doing.

"Let me show you my favorite place," said Anakin, holding out his hand. She took it and allowed him to lead her upstairs, through a large bedroom and onto a wide balcony whose railing was covered with vines and flowers that brought themselves onto the tiled balcony and up two pillars that held it up. It looked out upon the lake and the stars above it, twinkling just for them, as well as two out of the three of Naboo's moons shining brightly.