✰ 43: the jedi who felt too much

Obi-Wan was wrong.

Everything was wrong.

Nothing had happened to Anakin and Ahsoka— they were both alright, more or less. But the more discoveries they made in the case, the worse things got. The bomb wasn't just a bomb. It was planted inside one of the workers at the Jedi Temple by his own wife, and imbued in his bloodstream were nanobots meant to infiltrate the Temple by exploding. They brought the worker's wife in for questioning, but before she could say anything, she was killed. The odd thing about that was that she began choking even though she was not being touched, and the only person who was in the room was none other than Ahsoka Tano.

The security footage, without audio or context, quite obviously showed that Ahsoka Tano had killed the woman. But Akya didn't like this at all. The Council was meeting more often now, and though Obi-Wan and Akya had reached their destination, they had decided to command the army from the ship in orbit above so that Master Kenobi could take part in the meetings.

Now, Ahsoka was on the run in the lower levels of Coruscant, and not only the Jedi, but the Coruscanti police force were looking for her. She was 'wanted for questioning,' and almost no one on the Council was ruling out the possibility of her being the perpetrator and the mastermind behind this crime. Luckily, Obi-Wan had convinced the Council that Anakin should be the one to go out and look with her, along with Master Plo Koon and two teams of clones. They wanted her to stop running. Everyone did.

"Ahsoka didn't do this," Akya told her master. He had allowed her to sit in on the Council meeting as long as she kept quiet and didn't tell anyone about it— according to standard, the Padawan wasn't even supposed to know what was going on. "We should be there," she said. "We should be helping."

"I don't think that she could," said Obi-Wan. "I think you're right. But procedure is procedure. There's evidence, and we need to prove it's wrong."

"I just wish I could speak to her."

"Again, Akya, with these emotions. Everything will be clearer if your mind is clear, too."

"What did you do when Anakin's emotions overcame him?"

Obi-Wan took a deep breath. He was quite sure Anakin was not doing well with all this. He and Ahsoka were close, and he knew how much he cared for her— after all, he had a Padawan, too. If this had happened to Akya... he didn't know what he would have done.

"He never really talked about what was bothering him," Obi-Wan said. "So I'm very thankful that you do."

Akya scrunched her brows. Anakin told her everything. They worked it out together, and the result was always that everything would be okay. She told him all of her problems, too. But not telling Obi-Wan about her problems? That would just cause anarchy. She needed a figure like him to help her through them, because he was older and wiser than she was. He knew how to handle these things. He was happy to help.

"This alarms you?" he asked, seeing Akya's face.

"It's just... surprising," said Akya. "He's such a strong person."

"He keeps things to himself," he said. "I just hope that this time he asks for help. I know how difficult all of this is."

Akya nodded.

"Why don't we work through this together?" he suggested. "I know what you're feeling. It's overwhelming. She's your friend, after all."

"Thank you, Master."

"It's what I'm here for."

Obi-Wan and Akya took a little while to themselves in a quiet space so that they could sit and meditate through it, speaking to each other through the Force and letting their emotions fizzle away and take their course. Deep breaths in, deep breaths out.

— ★ ✰ ☆ —

After the mission was complete, they rushed back to the Temple for the next Council meeting, which would include a call from Admiral Tarkin on updates from the Senate. Ahsoka had been captured by Anakin and Plo Koon's teams of clones, found in none other than the factory that made the nanodroids, further proving the case against her. She didn't do this. Akya was sure of it. But evidence was evidence.

Once back on Coruscant, Obi-Wan was called immediately to a meeting of the Council. It was almost half an hour of pacing for Akya before Obi-Wan ran back to meet her by the library. She watched him come with wide, hopeful eyes, but his face told her that nothing good had come out of the meeting.

"What?" she said, once they finally met. "What happened?"

He looked down, then back up at her. "You're not going to like this," he said.

"Just tell me."

"The Senate wants an impartial trial. They think Jedi tradition would be biased, and Master Windu agreed it may look like an action against the Senate."

"But they can't put her to a Republic Military Tribunal if she's a Jedi."

Obi-Wan sighed. "Exactly."

Akya took a step back. "They want her expelled from the Jedi Order?"

"I tried to talk them out of it," he said. "But there's so much evidence. The Senate won't take a strong feeling as something to show she wasn't the perpetrator."

"They can't do that."

"She and Anakin are heading the Chamber of Judgement as we speak. I must go."

Akya sighed and looked down. Her pacing began again, worries flooding her mind.  What if they found guilty?  What if Ahsoka's being in the wrong place at the wrong time was what caused her downfall?  What would she do on her own?  Would Akya be able to see her?

"They can't do this."

Obi-Wan sighed.  "My final word is some advice to you, Akya.  Be a voice of reason in this chaos.  Clear your mind, because someone I know won't be able to do that."

Anakin. 

Obi-Wan walked away toward the elevators and Akya watched him go.  She hoped, perhaps, that somehow, some way, the Force would bring to them the answers.  The right answers.  And perhaps, the Council would all understand. 

Ahsoka did not do this.

a.n.:

GUYS I'M SO STUPID I LITERALLY FORGOT TO PUBLISH ON THURSDAY AND ITS LITERALLY TUESDAY NOW

I'M SO SORRY 😭 😭

i hope you can forgive me. it's been a busy week lol i just started an internship plus i also have another job and my Etsy shop and school so it's a lot lol.  but i still find time usually! I'm just a little silly girl so like what can you do

ily! don't forget to vote ♡

molly