✰ 33: do you?

"Akya," said Anakin, his voice at a whisper as Akya walked toward him. R2-D2 accompanied her down their makeshift aisle outlined with flower petals. "Wow," he completed.

Akya smiled at her fiancé and patted down the dress. "Bad wow or good wow?" she asked him.

"Good wow," he said. He followed the dress' intricate patterns all the way down to her feet, then looked back up at her face. "Very good wow." Akya stepped out of the aisle, taking her spot in front of Anakin. He reached out his hands for her to take, and she noticed that his metal prosthetic was not gloved— this was the first she'd seen it in the bright of day in a long time. She smiled at him, then took both hands.

"Are you ready?" asked Padme, glancing at the both of them.

"I've been ready for a very long time," Anakin assured her. He then looked back at Akya, love in his eyes. She couldn't stop smiling.

"I've known you both for a long time," Padme said. "You two deserve this harmony. After everything you've done, everything you've gone through, you deserve to be together for the rest of time. Though your relationship isn't traditional, I know you two love each other very much, and I think that's the only thing that matters. You don't need rings to show you care for each other. Your love surpasses anything physical."

Anakin and Akya smiled at each other as they listened to Padme's words.

"Now, if you will, Anakin, repeat after me. Akya, I promise to cherish you always."

"Akya, I promise to cherish you always."

"To love and sustain you."

"In sickness and in health, in poverty and in wealth."

"And to be true to you in all things, even if death itself tries to part us."

"And be true to you in all things, even if death itself tries to part us." He gave Akya's hands a little squeeze here.

Padme turned to the brunette. "Akya, if you will." Akya nodded. "Anakin, I promise to cherish you always."

"Anakin, I promise to cherish you always."

"To love and sustain you."

"In sickness and in health, in poverty and in wealth."

"And to be true to you in all things, even if death itself tries to part us."

"And be true to you in all things, even if death itself tries to part us."

"Now, I know Akya has prepared something..." said Padme, trailing off at the end in hopes Akya would be reminded of her plans.

"Yes," she told Anakin, letting go of his hands. She turned around and looked towards the two droids standing just behind her, gesturing to the smaller, silver one. "Artoo," she said. "The necklaces."

R2-D2 beeped and rolled over, opening a compartment and swinging out a rod that had two necklaces hanging on it. "Thank you," Akya muttered to the astromech, taking the necklaces into her hand. She then turned to her husband-to-be as the droid rolled away, back to its place next to C-3P0.

"Anakin, when we first spent time together, I told you that you felt like warmth, like a sun beaming down on a breezy meadow. Ever since then, this necklace has not only represented good luck and fortune, but it has also connected me to you." She showed him the sun necklace she wore all the time, presenting it in her hand.  "When I asked you what I felt like, you said like moonbeams shining down amongst the stars. So, Padme and I found this in the market," she continued, revealing in her other hand a necklace with a crescent moon pendant made of blue stone hanging on a gold chain. "I thought it would be a perfect replacement for rings, considering the fact these are easily hidden.  They represent each of us, so that we can feel each other through the Force even when we're lightyears away."

"Akya," Anakin muttered, looking down at the two necklaces in her hands.  "That's beautiful.  You didn't have to do that."

"I wanted to," she said.  "I have a piece of you, and now you have a piece of me."  She handed him the sun necklace, and he clasped it around her.  She did the same with the moon, carefully placing it around his neck.  Once she was done, he looked down at it, smiling. 

"These pendants represent your undying connection," Padme said.  "Your love cannot be broken even when you two are on different worlds fighting different battles.  The way you two feel each other is different from any relationship in history, and it's something you two will have forever. The promises you will make to each other now will last until the end of time."

Anakin smiled as he took Akya's hands in his once again, preparing the both of them for the final vows. 

"Do you, Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker, take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife, to live together in matrimony, to love, comfort, honor and keep in sickness and in health, in sorrow and in joy, to have and to hold, from this day forward, as long as you both shall exist?"

Anakin looked deep into Akya's eyes. "I do."

"And do you, Jedi Padawan Akya Sagral, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband, to live together in matrimony, to love, comfort, honor and keep in sickness and in health, in sorrow and in joy, to have and to hold, from this day forward, as long as you both shall exist?"

Akya gave his hands a quick squeeze.  "I do."

Padme smiled.  "Then by the authority vested in me by the Galactic Republic, I now pronounce you husband and wife!"

Anakin looked at the senator, as if waiting for her to complete her sentence.  She looked confused for a second, but then realized what he needed.

"Oh, right," said Padme.  "You may kiss the bride."

Anakin grinned, turning back to Akya and putting his hands on her waist while hers rose to his cheeks.  The kiss was slow and deep, celebrated by the sun coming out from behind a cloud and raining its light upon them through the plants on the balcony.  Padme and C-3PO clapped while Artoo beeped happily.  Akya smiled into that wonderful, blissful kiss— their first as husband and wife.

a.n.:

HAPPPY THURSDAY OMGG THIS CHAPTER >>>>>>> guyssss...... guysss!! they're married.  My babies, they're married.

LOOK AT THEMM!!! LOOKK!!! i had to draw their first kiss so bad i love them so muchhhhh

LOOK AT THEMM!!! LOOKK!!! i had to draw their first kiss so bad i love them so muchhhhh. Akya's little speech to him was one of my favorite things.  they're just so perfect together!! and the necklaces!! chefs kiss.  i really can't believe i wrote this sometimes

anyway don't forget to vote, i love you sm ♡

molly