✰ 41: are you alright?

Anakin scoffed at his master.  "The same thing would have happened if she was with you," he said.  "They want her gone, Obi-Wan."

"What?" Obi-Wan said, his rather smug face turning into one of confusion. 

Anakin allowed Akya to stand on her own.  They switched their lightsabers back as Anakin explained.  "Dooku said he wanted me to watch her die.  He was set on it."

"Why?"

"Oh, yeah, let me just tell you all the things Dooku told us about his secret plans," said Anakin sarcastically, clipping his saber onto his belt.  "I don't know, Master. Maybe they don't like her hair."

"Hey!" said Akya, falsely offended.  Obi-Wan did not look impressed.

"I'm joking," he said to her.  Then he turned back to his former master. "Seriously, Obi-Wan, I have no idea. But it doesn't matter, because they're not getting to her."

Obi-Wan nodded.  "Well, then, let's keep it that way." He looked to his Padawan. "How are you, Akya? Are you alright?"

"Battered and bruised," she shrugged. "But I'll live."

"A night in the ship's medical wing will do you some good," he said.  "We need to get you back to the cruiser."  He went to put his arm around her so he could help her walk toward the elevator, but she stepped aside. 

"But we haven't found the weapon yet!" she argued.

"Actually, we did," added Ahsoka. Obi-Wan nodded in agreement as Akya and Anakin's faces scrunched in confusion.

"When Rex came to alert us, we took a look at the ship you had been in and, with the help of Artoo's intel, tracked the tri-legged droid to this particular prison facility," Master Kenobi explained.   "We heard of alerts on the first floor and decided we'd come and do a bit of rescuing while the 501st took care of the weapon."

"They're dismantling it as we speak," Ahsoka continued.  "We're going to investigate further into its creation, and hopefully stop it from ever being produced again. Apparently, that hotel owner you two tried to bring in for questioning was the engineer. We've got him in custody now."

"I'm glad you guys decided to do everybody's job," Anakin remarked.

"Well, considering we were finished with our part of the mission, we thought it only kind to help you with yours," said Obi-Wan smugly, putting his arm around Akya.  "Perhaps we shouldn't do that Padawan switch again.  And not because I don't like you, Ahsoka, but because Akya and Anakin... well, they make an interesting team."

Akya chuckled a little. Obi-Wan motioned for Anakin and Ahsoka to follow him, but the Jedi Knight shook his head.

"I'm going to go help out Rex and the others," said Anakin.  "You're free to go, Ahsoka, if you're tired.  You had a long day."

"Thanks, Master," she said.  She followed Obi-Wan and Akya to the exit, while Anakin went to the elevator.  He sent one last smile at Akya before the doors closed. 

— ★ ✰ ☆ —

Akya and Ahsoka went with a couple clones and took a shuttle up to the cruiser in orbit.  Obi-Wan had stayed below to inform the president on what had happened, as well as break to her the news about the senator.  Ahsoka and Cody walked Akya through the halls and into the med bay, where she finally got to sit down as the nurse droid took her vitals. 

"How long were Anakin and I gone for?" she asked Ahsoka as the nurse droid examined the bruises on her back.

"Almost 24 hours," she answered.  "Master Kenobi and I were really worried."