✰ 39: the jedi they were waiting for

It was dark. Akya couldn't see anything except a faint light from underneath the door. Where had they taken her?  Was she still on the ship? Was she somewhere else?  She didn't know how long she had been out, nor how much longer she would be here for. Would those droids come back? They were the same model that had taken her from the camp on Agamar oh-so long ago. Would they kill her?  Would someone come to save her?  Her lightsaber was no longer on her belt, and she felt as if she were all alone, defenseless. Was she?  Darkness really made you ask yourself a lot of questions.

"Anakin?" she said, looking from side to side. She still couldn't see anything, and she had received no answer.  She could feel him, though.  He was close, perhaps locked in a nearby room or perhaps it was just too dark to see him.  She stood up and walked slowly with her hands, out, making sure she couldn't bump into anything. After a couple steps, her foot bumped into something, and she bent down to realize it was Anakin, lying passed out on the cold, duracrete floor.

"Anakin," she said again. She found his face in the dark and put her hands on his cheeks, her lips easily finding his, even in the dark. She heard a small hum escape his mouth, signaling he was waking up. "Oh, thank the Force," she said, helping him sit up.

"I can't see anything," he said groggily. "What happened?"

"I know as much as you do," she told him, her hand still on his back.

"Did you try the door?" he asked. Akya rolled her eyes.

"You really think that—"

"No harm in trying," he said.

Akya got up and went toward the light that came through under the door. She felt around for the button the opened the door, and once she found it, pressed it. It lit up red and the door miraculously slid open, leaving Akya confused and amazed, mouth agape at the incoming light. Anakin shielded his eyes from the brightness, then looked at Akya. Both of them were very confused.

"I told you," he said. Akya rolled her eyes again. "Hey, it's not dark anymore." He stood up. "I saw that."

"Uh-huh," she said, grabbing his hand. "Let's get out of here."

Anakin shook his head. "This doesn't make any—hey!" She pulled him fast after he didn't start walking, out of the small cell and into the hallway.

It didn't look like the man's ship. This place was all gray and white, the walls lined with collections of doors made of metal, most of them 2-3 inches thick, like their cell door was. It was eerie, the fact that no one was stopping them, no alarms sounded when they opened the door, plus, the simple fact that it opened at all.

"What is this place?" he said. He squinted when he looked around, and when he looked up, he put his hand to his head.

"Headache?" Akya asked.

"Yeah."

"Me too," she said. "They hit us pretty hard."

"Hey, look!" said Anakin, letting go of Akya's hand and running up toward the end of the hall where a lift was located as well as a small table, above which, hung their lightsabers. Akya followed him there, grabbing her lightsaber.

"I have a bad feeling about this, Anakin," she said, clipping her saber to her belt.

"I know," he said, looking around. "No one's stopping us. Are we just going to walk out of here?"

"Hey, you're the guy with the plans, aren't you?"

Anakin thinned his eyes. "Well, being a prisoner of war wasn't a part of my plan, Akya, but thanks anyway."