Meeting The Family (7th)

After speaking, Fan Zhu Xia promptly ignored Fan Li Jie and continued drinking wine and acted as if there wasn't anyone sitting beside her.

A subtle smirk played at her lips as she felt the increasingly sour gaze of the man beside her making it hard for her to keep the amusement out of her face so she resorted to downing gulp after gulp of the wine straight from the jug.

For the first time, Fan Li Jie lost his patience and snapped, "Are you seriously going to keep ignoring me?"

Sparing him a glance, Fan Zhu Xia cocked her head to the side and looked at him from head to toe before she innocently drawled using a sickly sweet voice filled with amusement, "Father told me not to talk to strangers."

Feeling ticked, Fan Li Jie returned her look with a glare before spitting out, "Fine! My name is Fan Li Jie. Now you are?"

Stiffling a giggle despite Fan Li Jie staring daggers at her, Fan Zhu Xia flashed him a bright smile before inclining her head and answering, "This lady's given name is Zhu Xia. It is an honor to meet Young Master Fan."

"Likewise." Nodding his head in acknowledgement, Fan Li Jie noticed that despite her teasing demeanor earlier, Zhu Xia seemed completely sincere in her reply.

"Then may this young master ask how to address the young miss?"

"Senior can call this junior Xia'er if senior does not mind doing away with the formalities."

"That is fine with me if Xia'er calls me Big Brother. After all, I heard we were cousins."

Hearing his words, Fan Zhu Xia's eyes lit up with surprise and her mouth formed a small "O" as she looked at him as if he just gave her the greatest gift she could ever have.

It made her already blushing face, look all the more endearing and adorable, with her big light blue eyes glittering like translucent, clear spring water, looking like an innocent fairy was beaming right at him.

It was a huge contrast to her previous coquettish behavior that it left Fan Li Jie dumbfounded that he had to take a moment to collect himself.

Completely oblivious to the effect of her smile, Fan Zhu Xia excitedly grabbed his hands and asked, "Really?"

"Uhh, yes yes... Really." Fan Li Jie hastily replied with an awkward smile.

Laughing happily, Fan Zhu Xia suddenly pounced on him and hugged him tightly, leaving him flabbergasted while she just giggled delightedly.

Meanwhile, Fan Hui Zhong and Fan Hui Liang had already finished talking and was just about to go on their way to find Fan Zhu Xia when they ran into a servant who told them that Fan Hui Liang's youngest son, Fan Xian Liang just got back and was waiting for them to finish talking and was just outside Na Huan Pavillion.

Seeing them approach, Fan Xian Liang quickly straightened up and gave them a respectful bow while greeting.

"Xian'er greets Father and Lei Wangye!"

With a snort and a shake of his head, Fan Hui Zhong said, "Cut the crap with that 'wangye'... Just call me uncle you little brat!"

"That's right. You know how much your Uncle Zhong hates formalities." Fan Hui Liang added with a laugh.

Smiling sheepishly, Fan Xian Liang corrected himself and promptly apologized while scratching his head slightly.