Motives and Speculations (2nd)

Is the information here reliable?" Jin Fa Chung asked when Wu Zhang He handed him several scrolls after Han Ling finished talking.

"It should be but I am having people confirm it and gather more information although this might take a while." Wu Zhang He replied in a serious manner.

"That's fine. Although having more information at this time would be invaluable, it's not our top priority." Jin Fa Chung stated before his eyes landed on Fang Ting Feng.

"General Fang..."

"Yes, Your Majesty."

"Gather your men and make sure the capital is completely secure. Make sure you're able to quickly find any suspicious movements or individuals. You may cooperate with Bai Nian Zu should there be any need. I want this done within five days."

"Understood, Your Majesty. Commander Bai and I would do our best." Fang Ting Feng nodded.

"Good... Also I heard that your son was inspecting our borders? Is that right?"

Startled at the sudden question about his son, Fang Ting Feng only nodded in answer to the question.

"Hmm... Then also send a message to your son and have him tighten our defenses at the borders. Send him some men if need be." Jin Fa Chung ordered after some contemplation.

"Commander Bai, you'll have to divide your attention on securing the capital with General Fang as well as making sure the imperial palace is safe."

"Yes, Your Majesty." Bai Nian Zu acknowledged his orders while keeping calm and serious.

Shooting his friend a glance, Fan Hui Zhong opened his mouth and said, "I'll assist Bai Nian Zu in securing the palace."

Nodding his head in assent. Jin Fa Chung continued mulling things over as his fingers rhythmically tapped against the wood of the desk table in front of him.

"If I may speak?" Fan Song Xue suddenly asked, drawing everyone's attention to him.

"Please, go ahead." Jin Fa Chung said as he gestured for Fan Song Xue to continue.

"This old man suggests that everyone here should tighten their security as well. Based from the attack earlier, they were particularly aggressive towards us military families and military officials. Although they did target others like the Fu Family but their main focus was still a bit obvious. If the information we got earlier was accurate then the group responsible might be aiming to weaken our country's military might. It may not be beyond them to send skilled assassins to target key people to either kill them or do something to get a handle on them. We've had an assassination attempt on my life recently and if we didn't have extra precautions at the time, I might not even be standing here."

"Is it done by the same group?"

"If the information Han Ling got was accurate and that the attack on our family years ago had the same culprit then there's a high chance it's the same group. From what we've gathered when we captured tee assassin, he may have come from a small clan specializing in assassinations and poisons. The reason why I haven't appeared all these years is because I was in comatosed state due to a highly toxic poison and I only recently recovered."

A lot of them wanted to ask how he managed to cure the poison and wanted to ask if he has any more antidotes just in case when a knock sounded on the door.