Days Before the Imperial Banquet (4th)

Lifting a brow, Fan Hui Zhong replied with a slight sneer on his face and said, "En! His Majesty and I both know that betrayal is something that must not be condoned; with loyalty the only thing that matters... I caught traitors and spies in my home and their deaths was too light a punishment! After all, I am still the Lei Wangye; a title that was personally conferred by you! What's more, because of this, the status I hold is no less than your son; the crown prince yet people still think that I'm such a soft persimmon to swallow! As such, I must ensure that this is rectified!"

The words that Fan Hui Zhong said was spoken in such an imposing manner that everyone was shook especially when he swept the hall with an intimidating gaze.

On the other hand, Jin Fa Chung only felt nostalgia and delighted when he saw his sworn brother's imposing manner. It has been a long time since he's seen him like this, especially when he lost his wife and child.

This was the man he knew!

The aura he was exuding was exactly like how he was before!

That awe-inspiring, fearless young general who led his men to stand against an unexpected beast wave that contained hundred and maybe even thousands of demonic spirit beasts just to protect their kingdom!

Smiling, Jin Fa Chung then waived a eunuch over before speaking.

"This matter, I, Jin Fa Chung fully support! As such, This One will bestow upon you an imperial decree!"

Surprise flashed on Fan Hui Zhong's face while differing expressions were shown on the people present. Some showed approval, especially the left prime minister and the military officials while the others had a mix of shock, concern and frowning faces among scattered among the crowd.

The eunuch hurriedly brought a blank imperial decree as well as the emperor's imperial seal, Jin Fa Chung then picked up the proffered brush and dipped it into the freshly grinded ink and started writing with strong, bold strokes and nodding approvingly as he finished with a flourish of his qi to dry the ink and imbue it with his aura, further ensuring the imperial decree's authenticity as he left a trace of his qi as well as a marking it with his personal imperial seal as the emperor before motioning for the eunuch to go ahead and read it aloud.

"May the Esteemed Lei Wangye rise and receive His Majesty's decree!"

Coming to his feet, Fan Hui Zhong shot a deep look towards Jin Fa Chung before going down on one knee to receive the decree.

"To the mighty and courageous; Fan Hui Zhong! A man personally bestowed the title; Lei Wangye, who had unwaveringly led his men in the face of death to protect our beloved Thunder Vale Kingdom against numerous threats is hereby bestowed this decree! For your meritorious deeds, the Dark Flames Mountain and it's surrounding three plots of land will be awarded to you along with the right to command an army of ten thousand men strong under the banner of Lei Palace as well as a gift of a hundred thousand pieces of Spirit Crystals. My lord; Lei Wangye, please receive the decree."

Following the announcement, silence prevailed in the hall before a cacophony of loud protests filled the hall; each voicing different arguments and reasons to which Fan Hui Zhong just listened to with a disinterested smile while his sharp gaze took note of those who protested loudest.

While Fan Hui Zhong could understand where they are coming from, thus remaining aloof and nonchalant despite of it; however it was a wholly different story altogether when it came to Jin Fa Chung.