Exchange of Favors (2nd)

hu Xia is my given name while Fan is the surname I adopted and the item currently being auctioned is the Golden Crystal Spirit Fruit."

"Nice to meet you Zhu Xia. So I want to ask, the only item being auctioned now is the Golden Crystal Spirit Fruit? That's all?" Fan Yong Rui queried and upon seeing Fan Zhu Xia nod in confirmation, Fan Yong Rui's face fell as a look of disappointment spread across his face as he lost interest.

"Ahh nevermind then! I have no use for that." Fan Yong Rui dismissively said with a nonchalant wave of his hand, sparking curiosity in Fan Zhu Xia's eyes.

"You're not even going to try?" she queried while giving Fan Yong Rui an inquisitive look.

"Nope. Why should I even bother? It's not like this young master even has any means of fighting for it."

Thinking that it was the end of that particular topic, Fan Yong Rui was about to question the young lady in front of him when she beat him to it and spoke first.

"I don't believe you don't have a way to bid for it, after all, you yourself is a holder of a Essence Spirit Card, so how can you possibly not have any means of fighting for the spirit fruit? You just don't want to bother!"

Hearing her say that, Fan Yong Rui didn't show any reaction other than his signature frivolous smile that was on his face, making him look charmingly mischievous.

"Now, now... how can that be? I am after all just a normal young master!" Fan Yong Rui replied with a laugh yet there was a glint in his eyes that Fan Zhu Xia noticed, making her come to a realization herself.

Directing her attention to Min Sheng and Chun Hua, Fan Zhu Xia instructed, "Both of you go out and stand just outside the door and knock twice once the attendant arrives before entering."

Startled, both still nodded in acknowledgement despite Chun Hua's curiosity, she followed obediently behind Min Sheng who led the way out before closing the door behind them and standing quietly to one side.

Looking at the door, Chun Hua asked Min Sheng if he knew why the young miss made them leave the room, to which Min Sheng gave her a pointed look and replied, "Of course it's to discuss something with the Second Young Master! We just have to keep quiet and make sure that no one disturbs them."

Meanwhile, inside the room, an ambigous atmosphere enveloped the room as both Fan Yong Rui and Fan Zhu Xia sat facing each other.

"Now why would you go and make those two servants of yours go out? After all, you never know if their presence is the only thing deterring me from making a move against you." Fan Yong Rui drawled playfully in an almost teasing manner yet the tone of his voice and the way he spoke belied dangerous, predatory light in his eyes which was extremely contradicting with his delicately refined pretty boy looks. Despite of this, Fan Zhu Xia just chuckled softly before waving her hand dismissively.

"Whether or not they're here or not, no one would be able to stop you should you choose to seriously act, of that I am certain. The reason this young miss made them go out is because proper introductions arr in order and I can tell that there is something that you don't wish to let other people know."

"You must be mistaken, I, Fan Yong Rui, am an open book! Everyone knows who I am."

"Of course not! Everyone knows what you want them to know, isn't that right?"