Dealing with Loose ends (2nd)

Silence enveloped the courtyard as the head of the captured soldier went flying before rolling a couple of feet as the head and headless body spurted blood as it tumbled down the
ground.

The remaining four paled considerably as they stared with shock and horror at what just happened before them.

"Now are you going to talk or not?"

Fan Hui Zhong asked icily before he let his aura loose and used it to pressure the four that were still kneeling.

The instant it touched them, the stable boy spurted out blood from his mouth and dropped unconscious while the maid coughed out blood which was the same as the same with the two guards.

Seeing this, Fan Hui Zhong raised a hand and immediately the two guards and the stable boy were beheaded while the maid was wrapped in chains and knocked out.

"Li Jie, you're in charge of getting answers from that girl, understood?" Fan Hui Liang said.

"Yes, Father."

With that, Fan Li Jie went off with several guards accompanying him and bringing the unconscious maid along as well.

After Fan Li Jie left, Fan Hui Liang then turned towards Fan Hui Zhong who still had a dark expression, Fan Hui Liang then said, "Brother, I'll handle the rest of the matters with the
infiltration and the estate."

"En. That would be for the best." Fan Hui Zhong nodded in assent but to Fan Hui Liang, he could tell that there was still something bothering his twin brother and before long, Fan Hui Zhong then sighed and spoke in a grave voice.

"Go on ahead, Liang'er. I still have to go and sift through the Lei Sha Dİ Army."

Knowing that the task his brother took was quite challenging as well as disheartening especially when traitorous spies are found amongst their most trusted men, he can only sigh before clamping his hand onto his brother's shoulder and giving it a reassuring squeeze.

"Alright then. Good luck, Big Brother."

"Thanks. You as well, Liang'er."

With that, the two then separated and headed off to two different directions.

As the three went off to do different yet similarly important tasks, it was at this time that Fan Xian Liang arrived with the Crown Prince; Jin Meng Yao.

When the two who had gone around shopping for wine returned to the Fan Estate and was greeted by a heavily
guarded front gate, both immediately realized that something was wrong.

Min Guo Ji who was specifically waiting for the Third Young Master to arrive quickly stepped forward and paid respects to Fan Xian Liang and Jin Meng Yao before shooting a
meaningful look towards Fan Xian Liang.

Seeing it, although bewildered by the situation, Fan Xian Liang could only turn to his friend and say, "Meng Yao, I"ll introduce you to my cousin some other day, alright?"

"En. Just send word if there's anything you need Xian. I'll go on ahead now."
Jin Meng Yao said in reply, not wanting to make things more difficult for his friend, while taking note to
mention this to his father in private late.

After all, for something to happen at the Fan Estate is quite a big deal, especially since this family is not just any ordinary noble family!

After seeing the crown prince off, Min Guo Ji ushered Fan Xian Liang to his mother's courtyard where his mother; Wei Rou Xiang was waiting for him with a grave expression on her face.

Seeing it, Fan Xian Liang rushed forward and his mother welcomed him with a short yet tight embrace before leading him inside and having one of her servants immediately serve
tea and pastries.

Ignoring the refreshments in front of him, Fan Xian Liang asked, "Mother, what happened?"

"Drink first, then we'll talk." Wei Rou Xiang urged as she took a sip of tea calmly.

Seeing the look that his mother gave him, Fan Xian Liang then took a small sip before saying, "There. Now please tell me what happened, Mother." Sighing, Wei Rou Xiang slowly lowered her cup and shot a serious look towards her youngest son before she spoke.

"There was an assassination attempt on your Grandfather. Your father, uncle and older brothers are now taking care of things. In the meantime, your uncle ordered for you to stay here with me as we wait for updates."

Stunned, Fan Xian Liang nodded numbly before he slowly sat down since he inadvertantly stood to his feet when he heard the news.
"Then what about Cousin?" Fan Xian Liang then asked worriedly when he thought of Fan Zhu Xia.

"No need to worry, she's helping look after your grandfather since she has some medical background."

"Alright then.."

Several hours passed and the afternoon turned to night and
they received reports that various medicinal smells were coming from Fan Song Xue's room which they then informed by Fan Hui Zhong that it was probably Fan Zhu Xia's doing
and that they should not disturb her.

During the night, practically no one rested since all were tense and waited for updates and news from each other.

Regarding the matters handled by Fan Hui Liang, two more stable hands were apprehended along with a low ranking steward and a patrol guard captain. Upon capture, the guard
captain immediately committed suicide while the rest were interrogated and upon getting no useful information, were thereby executed.

On Fan Hui Zhong's end however, things progressed smoothly since he was in possession of the same kind of
truth elixir gave to Fan Yong Rui. With the help of this elixir, twenty-eight people were found out to have ulterior motives although none of them were related to the assassin
anymore, despite of this, Fan Hui Zhong still ordered for them to be executed and their heads be sent to their employers with a message not to mess or meddle with the Fan family or they will be facing the wrath of the Lei Palace with him at the helm.

It was a night that several heads of clans confirmed the return of the infamous Lei Wangye yet most who received this return gift from the Lei Palace could only feel cold sweat
run down their backs.

Most of the nobility grew complacent in Fan Hui Zhong's absence and since Fan Hui Liang preferred to be more
diplomatic and hasn't been seen in action as much due to a lack of conflict within the kingdom, many assumed that the Fan family along with the Lie Palace had been deteriorated.