Schemes and Plans (5th)

The remaining days leading to the one of the most anticipated banquets to be held at the imperial palace swiftly flew by amidst the hubbub of news and intrigue in the capital.

Despite of the tangible tension and anticipation in the capital, the days remained peaceful and the only big news that happened was the reopening of the Jade Herb Medicine Hall after it was temporarily closed by the young master of the Fu family. 

It's reopening drew a considerable amount of attention especially when someone from the Lei Palace along with a few guards dropped by on the opening day to present a congratulatory gift and expressed well wishes on behalf of their young miss. 

This of course gave everyone present at the time a huge surprise, after all, most of them there had heard of the rumored daughter of Lei Wangye!

Everyone stared wide-eyed with shock at hearing the possible confirmation of this particular news. 

That is, until the Fu family's young miss; Fu Zhenzhen gave an excited squeal as she rushed towards the representative who thankfully stayed calm and respectfully answered all of Fu Zhenzhen's questions before eventually excusing themselves and went back after handing over their gift. 

After that, talks and speculation circulated on what the Fu's connection was to the Lei Palace which was unfortunately left unanswered because nothing else happened after the reopening ceremony of the Jade Herb Medicine Hall. 

Amazingly, in spite of the increasing interest directed at not only the Lei Palace but also the Fan family, things remained peaceful on their end as they continued on closing their doors to any visitors and remained in seclusion as they focused on construction, rebuilding and rearranging both the Fan Estate and the Lei Palace.

Pretty soon, people noticed that the elegant signboard of the Fan Estate along with the Lei Palace that once hanged on top of the gates has been removed and when those who were keeping a close eye on them investigated, they soon found their answer.

First of all, the Fan Estate was moved to the newly bestowed property on the eastern side of the Dark Flames Mountain which means it's entrance would be much nearer to the area where most military and officials estates would be located and was actually just a short distance away from where the old Fan Estate used to be.

Aside from this, directly on the opposite side, a new estate with huge walls with simple yet elegant architecture was also constructed before a grand gate that drew attention shocked everyone when they saw that this was the new Lei Palace. 

All of this was actually finished quite fast and caught a lot of people off-guard. 

Despite hearing how both the Fan Family and the Lei Palace had hired a huge number of people to do construction as well as serve as new servants, excluding the recruitment of soldiers, the quick progress that they made was simply astounding! 

Those who were watching this happen, quickly figured out that the rumors stating that Fan Hui Zhong would be staying in the capital grew more and more to the point that it was practically confirmed yet what surprised them was that despite reclaiming his previous position as the Fan family head and general of the Thunder Vale Country from his younger twin brother; Fan Hui Liang, he instead only took up his formal title as Lei Wangye which is higher in rank and second only to the imperial family as well as focused on building up his own personal army; the newly reorganized Lei Sha Di Army after receiving the emperor's permission.