Blooming Phoenix Courtyard (3rd)

Passing through the tall archway, Fan Zhu Xia noticed the beautifully engraved gates of the same Vermillion Blaze Wood pushed wide open. The engravings on it was incredibly detailed phoenixes taking flight while leaving a trail of curling flames that looked so elegant that they almost resembled the soft curving petals of a flower.

Fan Zhu Xia's eyes couldn't help but be drawn to it while she lifted a hand and reached out to slowly trace the carved details on the gate, appreciating the worksmanship.

"That's one of the reason's why this courtyard was named Blooming Phoenix Courtyard." Fan Li Jie murmured from behind her making her turn to look at him.

"One of the reasons?"

"En. The other reason was because there was once a huge fire that encompassed the whole space where the courtyard is now built. Apparently, it was caused by a high-levelled fire type aerial spirit beast that used to be a contracted beast of an old clan ancestor and after that particular fire, a bunch of wild flowers grew in the area where the fire was the strongest."

"Really? How interesting... Do you have any idea what spirit beast it was?"

"Not really. Not much was recorded about the incident so we have limited information about it."

"I see..."

Nodding her head, Fan Zhu Xia was lost in thought when she remembered where she was and snapped out of it.

Looking around, an involuntary gasp escaped her and she was filled with awe. Everywhere she looked was simply breathtaking.

A few steps inside and she could see the immaculate garden inside the courtyard. The lush green grass covered the ground with flowering shrubs grew on the sides, bordering the walls while several trees of cherry blossoms, plum blossoms and flowering dogwoods provided shade in several parts of the courtyard, giving it a soft, tranquil look.

Seeing her look around looking happy, Min Guo Ji lips curved slightly as he watched her.

"Young Miss, if you will..."

"Ah, of course."

With a smile, Min Guo Ji led both Fan Zhu Xia and Fan Li Jie forward until they came upon a large and beautiful-looking courtyard. It's appearance exuded an understated elegance.

The materials used to construct the courtyard was a mixture of rare and normal yet expensive materials. There was high-grade Spirit Wood with a rich mahogany brown color which can be harvested from trees in areas rich with spiritual energy which is more common than the wood from a Fire Ruby Tree or the Onyx Blood Darkwood and this Spirit Wood was used as the main wood for the walls and floors which makes the whole atmosphere of the courtyard teem with spiritual energy because of the abundance of the spirit wood since spirit wood has the ability to attract small traces of spiritual energy which is good for a person's health as well as extremely beneficial to cultivation.

Aside from this, the main foundations as well as pillars of the courtyard was also made with Vermillion Blaze Wood which is extremely strong and sturdy, also has high immunity with normal flames while the windows and doors has a layer of panels with oil-treated precious silk paper which is water-proof in the middle of the panellings, acting as covers and designs at the same time due to the life-like paintings on them of several elegantly blooming flowers and phoenixes taking flight with some even leaving a trail of fire.