Treating the Patient (2nd)

Shocked at the accusations, Old Man Gu Lang was stunned into silence as disbelief overwhelmed him yet seeing the accusing look that Fan Zhu Xia was giving him and the grim expressions on the young master and young miss of the Fu family, Old Man Gu Lang had to face reality that they were truly not kidding.

"Don't jest! This is a serious matter! How can you accuse this old man of doing such a despicable act as to poison a little child?!"

"Do you honestly think that this Young Miss would make such a crass joke like this?" Fan Zhu Xia asked coldly.

"I-I...it's not that, b-but can you at least let this old man check the girl's condition and see if she really is poisoned?"

Shooting Gu Lang a measuring glance, Fan Zhu Xia noiselessly nodded and indicated for Min Sheng to approach the old man so that he can check the condition of girl in his arms personally.

Without a further word, Old Doctor Gu quietly stared at the pale little girl and studied her complexion and breathing before he reached out to take her pulse. A couple of moments passed and while everyone watched him, they saw his expression morph from intense focus to grave concern before turning into pure and utter confusion.

Gu Lang's myriad of changing emotions didn't escape the gazes of the people who were watching him yet even they felt that this wasn't just a desperate attempt at acting, especially when they heard him start to mumble lowly under his breath.

"This doesn't make sense! How can this possibly happen? I'm absolutely sure that I didn't make any mistakes..."

Confused, Fu Qing Tian was about to ask when Gu Lang suddenly spoke as he gestured for Min Sheng to follow him.

"You, come come... There's no time to waste! Follow me back to my refinery room."

Taken a bit off guard, Min Sheng shot a questioning glance towards Fan Zhu Xia but before any of them can speak, Gu Lang interrupted them again as he turned to them with a measuring gaze.

"This old man dares to ask, who performed the acupuncture on the child? Is that person still here? If they are, they should be able to help me solve the child's issue."

Frowning slightly, Fan Zhu Xia asked in a probing tone, "What do you need that person to do?"

"This old man needs them to continue performing the acupuncture treatment to purge all the foreign substances in the child's body while this old man prepares the correct medicine! The child is in fact poisoned just as you said and that is indeed a result of this old man's mistake but I, Gu Lang can swear to the Heavenly Dao that this was a mistake that I never meant to happen and should this old man be lying, may I be struck down by heavenly lightning and my soul be scattered like ashes in the passing wind."

Hearing him utter such a solemn vow and even swear under the Heavenly Dao which is more binding than anything, after all, breaking this oath can result in one's soul to be scattered and dispersed into nothingness, resulting in no longer being able

to reincarnate; this action of his completely took everyone present by surprise.

"Very well, this Young Miss will help you but this Young Miss still wants to know what happened yesterday and what treatment you gave that resulted in this."

"Of course, of course. Follow me first, this old man can explain while we walk."

Looking at each other, everyone present then quickly followed Gu Lang's form that was hurriedly walking with Fan Zhu Xia right behind him, listening intently as he talked.