Chapter 10 Yelling & Hugging

Next morning was sunday and arjun was still asleep when nikky made his way in to his room and found arjun sleeping there. Nikky climbed on his bed to wake him up. Nikky shook him lightly but arjun was too deep asleep to even flinch. Nikky tapped on his cheek but arjun just turned to the other side and covered his face with a pillow.

Nikky "big monkey up" He said but arjun wasn't a light sleeper.

Nikky again tried tapping and shaking him but arjun was just not ready to wake up. Nikky thought for a second and then started tickling arjun which was causing irritation instead of laughter. In his sleep arjun thought it to be tanu and just yelled without thinking "pagal hai kya chipkali chal dafa ho yahan se."

Nikky was startled at his loud voice and started crying while apologising to arjun "nikky sorry, nikky sorry." Saying that he tried coming down from the bed hastily but his foot got caught in arjun's duvet and he fell off causing him to cry even louder.

When arjun heard him crying he woke up at once and looked around to find nikky who was still lying on the ground half covered with the duvet. Arjun hasted towards him and picked him up. But as soon as nikky saw him his cries grew louder. Hearing all the commotion anirudh entered the room and saw nikky crying whereas arjun was trying to pacify him.

Arjun "kya hua little monkey, lag gayi tujhe kahin?"

Anirudh came closer "kya hua? nikky ro kyun raha hai bachcha?" He asked nikky gently

Arjun "wo bed se gir gaya dad, to rone laga."

Anirudh bend down to nikky's level and was about to say something when nikky beat him to it "big monkey yell. Nikky scared" He said hugging anirudh.

Anirudh wasn't able to understand him but he picked and embraced nikky at once and started drawing soothing circles on his back. Once nikky was a little calmer anirudh pulled him away "kya hua nikky? Kyun ro raha tha bachcha?"

Nikky looked at him with tearful eyes and wobbling lips "big monkey yell, bad big monkey." He said while sobbing and pointing towards arjun.

Anirudh glared at arjun "tune daanta isse? Chillaya Tu is par?" He asked angrily

Arjun got nervous due to anirudh's tone, it's been years since he last been on the receiving end of it "nahi dad, maine nahi daanta, wo actually main.......

Anirudh "Matlab ye chota sa bachcha jhooth bol raha hai arjun?" He grew angrier

Arjun "haan dad, I mean nahi wo jhooth nahi bol raha, wo actually main is par nahi chilla raha tha wo to mujhe laga..........

Anirudh " Kya laga tujhe? Bata jara aisa kya lag gaya jo tu itne chote se bachche par subah subah chilla raha hai. Itna bada ho gaya hai par bachcho se baat karne ki tameez nahi hai tujhe?" He scolded arjun.