Chapter 2: Deceptive Lily

Zhang Yi stepped out of his home, greeted by a tranquil scene that exuded earthly joy and comfort.

Many parents accompanied their children, engaging in joyful activities in the community square, their faces adorned with smiles of happiness.

However, Zhang Yi knew that in just one month, all of this would vanish into thin air.

He briskly walked out of the neighborhood, and not far away, there was a three-star Michelin Western restaurant.

Having a meal there would cost at least five to six thousand dollars, a luxury Zhang Yi had hesitated to indulge in before.

But now, he didn't care.

Having died and come back to life, celebration was a must!

Entering the restaurant, Zhang Yi chose a window-side seat and ordered the most expensive dishes along with a bottle of Château Lafite red wine.

This extravagant selection cost him fifty thousand dollars.

Even the waitstaff inside the restaurant gave Zhang Yi admiring looks, thinking he must be a wealthy second-generation individual.

After all, how could an ordinary person afford such an expensive meal?

Zhang Yi paid no attention to the speculation around him. As soon as the table was filled with sumptuous dishes, he began stuffing himself.

Perhaps due to experiencing six months of the icy apocalypse, the taste of these delights moved him nearly to tears.

His eating manners turned somewhat ferocious, stirring discussions among the other diners.

However, Zhang Yi paid no mind to them.

After the apocalypse, people would kneel and kowtow for a pack of instant noodles.

By then, all notions of civilization and morality would have turned to dust.

While Zhang Yi enjoyed his meal, a passing woman outside stopped in her tracks.

She had long flowing hair, delicate makeup, and was wearing Gucci high heels, with an LV bag hanging from her arm.

This woman was none other than Fang Yuqing, the person responsible for Zhang Yi's death in his previous life.

Accompanying her was her close friend Li Cainin.

Both women couldn't help but glance inside the Michelin three-star restaurant as they passed by.

Luxurious places like this were what they had always desired, but their financial situations prohibited them from indulging.

Yet, this didn't stop them from casting envious glances towards it.

Perhaps they could spot a wealthy second-generation guy inside, someone worth pursuing.

However, Fang Yuqing was surprised when she noticed Zhang Yi inside, seated in front of an array of top-notch dishes.

"Isn't that Zhang Yi? How can he afford to eat here?"

Fang Yuqing exclaimed in surprise, and Li Cainin, covering her mouth, said with amazement, "Zhang Yi, does he actually have money?"

While speaking, she gave Fang Yuqing a meaningful look and teased, "Yuqing, you are truly lucky! The bootlicker who's been pursuing you turns out to be a hidden second-generation rich guy."

"Look at the food on his table, at least fifty to sixty thousand. Who else could afford such an expensive meal?"

Li Cainin's tone carried a hint of envy.

She knew that Zhang Yi had been pursuing Fang Yuqing for two and a half years.

However, Fang Yuqing, a gold-digger at heart, always believed she could marry a high-quality second-generation rich man to become a young madam.

But Zhang Yi, who had a house and a car in Tianhai City, was not someone she could easily give up.

So, she had always treated Zhang Yi as a backup.

Her principle for dealing with backups was simple: no initiative, no rejection, and no responsibility.

Today, seeing Zhang Yi enjoying a luxurious meal worth tens of thousands of dollars, Fang Yuqing began to harbor suspicions.

"Could it be that Zhang Yi is actually a hidden second-generation rich guy?"

Fang Yuqing tilted her head, deep in thought.

The more she thought about it, the more plausible it seemed.

"In TV dramas, isn't it common for someone rich to pretend to be an ordinary person in search of true love?"

Fang Yuqing mused, convincing herself. Her eyes sparkled at the prospect.

"What if it's true? I won't have to put in much effort."

Li Cainin, feeling the same way, suggested, "Yuqing, let's go inside and find Zhang Yi!"

Actually, she had her eyes on the delicious-looking dishes inside.

This was a Michelin three-star restaurant, and common people could never experience such extravagant cuisine.

Fang Yuqing hesitated for a moment but shook her head, saying, "No, it's not a good idea! He might think I'm a materialistic woman if I go in. Let's wait outside as if we just coincidentally bumped into him."

Fang Yuqing wasn't a fool. She wouldn't lower her own status for the sake of a meal.

Even if Zhang Yi was truly wealthy, she would still maintain her goddess demeanor.

So, the two women hid not far from the restaurant, waiting for Zhang Yi to come out.

Zhang Yi, having eaten for over an hour, touched his round belly with contentment.

The taste of the dishes from the Michelin three-star restaurant was average, but for someone who had just experienced a six-month-long icy apocalypse and come back to life, they were enough to bring tears to his eyes