Chapter 176: How is it You!

The room on the lower floor was spacious, each one having around fifty square meters of space. In addition to a double bed, there was also a private bathroom, a desk, and shelves filled with books.
Yang Mi, having just arrived, hadn't fully adapted to the situation. The subtle feeling of being kept by a handsome stranger like a canary was hard to describe. She felt a mix of reassurance and confusion, unsure of how long she would have to endure this kind of life."Tsk—"The heavy metal door of the room suddenly opened. Startled, Yang Mi quickly sat up and grabbed her clothes to cover her well-shaped body.Zhang Yi walked in from outside, smiling as he glanced at her charming figure, then said, "Come on! Let me introduce you to a friend."Yang Mi looked puzzled, "A friend?""You'll see when you meet her."After a moment of thought, Zhang Yi added, "According to the order of arrival, you'll have to address her as 'sister.'"Yang Mi instantly understood, "She's your girlfriend?""Close enough, close enough."Yang Mi's head was spinning; she didn't expect to encounter such a scene upon her arrival."Hurry up and get dressed!"Zhang Yi said, turning to leave. Yang Mi bit her lip, feeling a mix of emotions.As the top-tier star in Hua Country, a leading actress, she never imagined she would have to share her life with another woman...Well, when in someone else's territory, one must bow one's head!She placed her slender black-stockinged legs on the bed and started putting on the black dress Zhang Yi had given her.After some contemplation, a determined look flashed in her eyes. The first meeting between women required a bit of competition. She had to dress up nicely!Zhang Yi returned to the first floor without rushing Yang Mi. He understood women. Going out without spending a bit of time preparing was impossible.Sure enough, it took Yang Mi a full twenty minutes before she slowly ascended the stairs.Zhou Ke'er sat beside Zhang Yi, vigilant yet also taking the opportunity to touch up her makeup.Both women were silently sizing each other up.When Yang Mi entered the living room, ready to greet them with a smile, her eyes met Zhou Ke'er's.The air instantly fell silent. The two women locked eyes, their expressions filled with surprise, regret, and shame."How is it you!""How is it you!"They both exclaimed simultaneously. Zhou Ke'er's eyes showed a hint of anger and indifference, while Yang Mi's gaze avoided Zhou Ke'er's eyes.Zhang Yi also didn't expect the two to know each other!"What's your relationship?" Zhang Yi pointed at them and asked.Zhou Ke'er bit her lip, saying indignantly, "She's my cousin!"Zhang Yi was also a bit stunned. He didn't expect the two women he saved to be cousins!"But considering your relationship, it seems a bit tense!" He said, puzzled.Zhou Ke'er crossed her arms, "It's a bit complicated!"Zhang Yi furrowed his brow, feeling that something was not quite right. At this moment, he saw Yang Mi signaling him with her eyes to come over.Approaching, Yang Mi pulled him aside and, with pleading eyes, said, "Zhang Yi, please. Can you keep our affair a secret from her?"Zhang Yi rubbed his chin, "Our affair?"Blushing, Yang Mi said, "I mean our deal."Looking at the different reactions of the two women, Zhang Yi became even more curious. To thoroughly understand their relationship, he brought them together to have a chat.From their attitudes, he could tell that Yang Mi was clearly the guilty party. Zhou Ke'er's attitude towards her was not very good; there seemed to be some resentment.After some questioning from Zhang Yi, he finally understood what was going on. Yang Mi's mother was surnamed Zhou, making her Zhou Ke'er's aunt. Both the Zhou and Yang families were prestigious, with numerous talents in their lineages. Zhou's family excelled in the field of medicine, producing many renowned figures in the medical community both domestically and internationally.The conflict arose because Yang Mi chose to enter the entertainment industry, which was considered a disgraceful act for both the Zhou and Yang families. Especially for a young girl, stepping into the vast entertainment world meant tarnishing her reputation. Zhou Ke'er couldn't accept this, feeling humiliated by the ridicule her family faced in the upper circles of Shengjing due to Yang Mi's career."Because of her, many people in Shengjing's upper circles mock our Zhou family. Even I've been teased because I have a cousin who's an actress. Can you understand my anger?" Zhou Ke'er said with a touch of bitterness."But I love acting. I love the feeling of being adored by people. Is there anything wrong with that?" Yang Mi sighed softly.Zhou Ke'er sneered, "It would be fine if you became famous through legitimate means. But no, you rely on your figure to gain fame. Do you not realize why you're popular? Don't you have a clear conscience?"Zhang Yi's eyes were fixed on Yang Mi's figure. He had not paid much attention to her works; he was simply attracted to her body.Yang Mi was at a loss for words against Zhou Ke'er's accusations. She knew that, coming from her background, becoming a star known for her figure was a disgrace to her family. Especially now, as she had become the lover of her cousin's boyfriend, she had no face to meet Zhou Ke'er.At this critical moment, Zhang Yi stepped forward to mediate."Let's not dwell on the past," Zhang Yi said. "From now on, there are no high-born ladies or A-list actresses here. You're just neighbors facing challenges together."Zhang Yi's tone carried an unchallengeable authority.Although Zhou Ke'er had some grievances against Yang Mi, she had no choice but to endure it. Yang Mi, on the other hand, looked at Zhou Ke'er with a sense of guilt.Next, Zhang Yi assigned tasks to the two women. It wasn't too complicated, mainly involving cleaning the house and managing the upcoming greenhouse and fields."Don't neglect those areas. Make sure the greenhouse and fields are well-taken care of. Understand?"Zhang Yi instructed them both.Zhou Ke'er and Yang Mi were happy with the arrangements. Without tasks, they would get bored, and taking care of plants and growing some vegetables would enrich their lives.