Chapter 137: The Billion-Dollar Super Shelter

After a night passed, the next morning, Zhang Yi had Uncle You's body checked by Zhou Ke'er early on.

The results of the examination surprised Zhou Ke'er. She said to Zhang Yi, "His recovery is remarkable, at a rate more than ten times that of an ordinary person."

Zhang Yi became even more certain that Uncle You had indeed awakened his supernatural abilities. "I understand. Take good care of him; make sure to heal him completely!"

He patted Zhou Ke'er's perky buttocks and gave her a profound look. Zhou Ke'er nodded in understanding and took out a syringe from the medical box, slowly injecting it into Uncle You's arm.

After they finished their tasks, Xie Limei approached them with a smile, making a request. "Zhang Yi, I forgot to bring my charger. Could you fetch it for me? Also, our baby's diapers."

This woman, with a smiling face and a calm demeanor, seemed determined to settle down here. She felt that Zhang Yi owed Uncle You a life, so it was only natural to take care of him. As Uncle You's woman, she was here to stay!

Zhang Yi glanced at Uncle You lying on the sickbed. Although he was still unconscious, Zhang Yi remembered that people in a coma could hear things. So, he smiled at Xie Limei and said, "I have urgent matters to attend to outside. After I'm done, I'll help you with it."

Xie Limei's smile became even more intense. "Well, you better not forget!"

After providing them with food and water, Zhang Yi locked them back into the cabin. In his heart, he vaguely formed a plan to get rid of this troublesome woman.

...

Zhang Yi equipped himself and gathered all the neighbors downstairs, preparing to continue clearing the other units.

Upon hearing this, the neighbors looked somewhat surprised. "Zhang Yi, didn't you say yesterday that you would only clean the units where the main culprits attacking you were located?"

Zhang Yi smiled and said, "Well, after my investigation last night, I found people from several other buildings also participated in the attack."

"Don't worry, I, Zhang Yi, won't harm innocent people. I will only target the evildoers!"

"After the operation is over, our unit will dominate the entire community. I will assign these buildings to you for management."

He spread his hands, describing a bright future for the neighbors. "Only by eliminating the pests can we truly welcome a life of peace and happiness! Don't you agree?"

After hearing Zhang Yi's words, many people in the crowd wore happy expressions. Living in Building 25 was also filled with anxiety. If they could become building managers in other units, wouldn't their lives be more comfortable?

Some people doubted Zhang Yi's words, but out of awe for him, no one dared to question him. Among the crowd was a former rich second-generation, Xu Hao. After hearing Zhang Yi's words, a strange expression appeared in his eyes—a mixture of fear and trembling. His body even shivered slightly.

Others noticed Xu Hao's abnormality and asked, "Xu Hao, what's wrong with you?"

Xu Hao swallowed saliva and hurriedly lowered his head. "Nothing, I'm fine! Just a bit cold."

Someone said, "Oh, then you need to pay attention to keeping warm. Once you catch a cold in this weather, there's a high probability of death."

Zhang Yi, accompanied by his subordinates, began cleaning one building after another. His target was naturally those units with stubborn forces.

In the early morning, many people were still curled up in their beds, unaware that Zhang Yi's temperature-regulated barbecue had started.

By the time many people were awakened by the thick smoke, they had lost the chance to escape.

While setting fires, Zhang Yi used a loudspeaker to address the entire community: "I, Zhang Yi, am not indiscriminately killing people! After my investigation last night, people from these buildings were involved in the attack on me."

"As long as you hand over those people, I won't blame you!"

"If you stubbornly refuse to surrender them, I will consider you as accomplices and eliminate you all!"

After Zhang Yi shouted, the units that hadn't been burnt down became quiet.

"Zhang Yi is still reasonable; those people deserved to die."

"As long as the fire doesn't reach me, Zhang Yi won't continue killing after this batch."

"This matter has nothing to do with me anyway. Why would Zhang Yi kill me? I'll just stay at home. I believe Zhang Yi is not an unreasonable person."

...

Everyone held this mentality, watching from a distance. Besides, although Zhang Yi started the fires, the neighbors also benefited! Look, the temperature in the community suddenly increased, and everyone wasn't as cold anymore.

The flames roared, and the owners of the upper floors couldn't bear it any longer. They pushed a few people out and said to Zhang Yi, "Zhang Yi, it was them who wanted to harm you. We hand them over, spare us!"

Zhang Yi looked at them and calmly raised the gun in his hand.

"Bang!" "Bang!" "Bang!"

He shot all of them dead.

Zhang Yi said indifferently, "Nonsense! I think you're just like thieves yelling 'catch the thief,' isn't that right? Any evidence?"

By the end of the morning, Zhang Yi had cleaned up seven unit buildings.

In the entire community, people from twelve unit buildings had been completely wiped out by Zhang Yi. There were less than 500 surviving residents in the remaining eighteen unit buildings.

Among the buildings left untouched by him, these were the weakest in strength and had not attacked him in the previous assault.

Zhang Yi rubbed his forehead. He felt that the killing could stop here because the remaining people couldn't pose a threat to him anymore. If he continued, he was worried about his mental state.

"Let's stop the cleanup here for today! We'll talk about the other unit buildings later."

Zhang Yi finished speaking and turned to leave, preparing to go back and rest. However, in the crowd still immersed in the barbecue and funeral revelry, a figure suddenly separated from the group and followed in Zhang Yi's direction.

The footsteps behind him were clearly audible, and Zhang Yi looked over coldly.

"What are you doing?"

Xu Hao quickly raised his hands. "Big Brother Zhang, don't misunderstand. I have very important information to tell you!"

Zhang Yi sneered, full of disdain. "Very important information?"

The entire community had already been handled by him. What else could be so important?

Xu Hao glanced around, lowered his voice, and said to Zhang Yi, "Big Brother Zhang, have you heard that the son of the richest man in Jiangnan, Wang Siming, spent $1 billion to build a doomsday shelter?"