Chapter 181: The Truth Hidden in Lies

Zhang Yi fell into silence. The current dilemma left him with flaws no matter which choice he made. If he spared Lu Fengda, he would be constantly blackmailed by the cunning old fox. Moreover, Lu Fengda, who had been maneuvering in the business world for years, was more adept at strategy than him. Over time, Lu Fengda would only become more audacious, seizing more benefits from Zhang Yi.
But what if he killed him? Zhang Yi was worried about the risk of exposing information. This feeling resembled the dilemma faced by the Three-Body people when dealing with logic. Despite having the power to easily eliminate the opponent, fear held them back.Zhou Keren furrowed her brows slightly, also brainstorming for solutions to help Zhang Yi. Feeling troubled, he grabbed her delicate, fair foot, playing with it in his hand to broaden his thinking.Zhou Keren blushed, her thoughts starting to become chaotic. Her beautiful eyes revealed a charming expression as she shyly looked at Zhang Yi."If you can't think of a solution, let's take a break! There's no rush for this matter. We can deceive him for now and then slowly come up with a plan," Zhou Keren suggested.Zhang Yi shook his head, "Delaying this for too long won't benefit us. The key is, if we can't find a solution to this problem, I feel extremely frustrated."Neither of them could come up with a good idea at this moment. Just then, Yang Mi returned from the botanical garden.Seeing Zhang Yi's serious expression on the sofa, she couldn't help but ask, "What's going on?"Zhang Yi looked at Yang Mi. To be honest, he hadn't fully trusted her yet, and initially didn't plan to discuss this matter with her. However, having an extra mind might provide an additional perspective. Moreover, with Yang Mi's rich social experience and being a boss herself, she might come up with some ideas."Da Mi Mi, come here! I need to discuss something with you."Zhang Yi called Yang Mi over and asked her to sit on his other side. Then, he briefly explained the situation to her.Hearing about Lu Fengda's actions, Yang Mi also furrowed her brows. "This is a tricky situation! He's a very cunning person; you can't just attack him without precautions."She sighed, "This is the so-called spreading rumors with one mouth and running away with denial. Our entertainment industry has also suffered a lot from it. It's really despicable!"A casual remark from Yang Mi unraveled Zhang Yi's confusion. A flash of insight crossed his mind, as if he had grasped something."Wait a minute! You just mentioned spreading rumors?"Yang Mi said, "Yes, he's spreading rumors about you, just like those unscrupulous media in the entertainment industry spreading rumors about celebrities. Does he have any solid evidence?"Zhou Keren snorted disdainfully, "The key is that even if it's a rumor, once it comes out of Lu Fengda's mouth, some people will believe it."Zhang Yi supported his chin with both hands, his brain rapidly working."Lu Fengda has some information about me, but these pieces of information are not concrete evidence. However, if they spread, it could still cause trouble.""I can't stop him from transmitting the information, as we don't have experts in the field of computers.""But if we treat this matter as a rumor, there might be a solution!"Zhang Yi's eyes gradually brightened as a plan began to form in his mind.Zhou Keren and Yang Mi looked curiously at Zhang Yi. "What do you plan to do?"Zhang Yi gave a mysterious smile and didn't reveal his plan to them."I need to prepare first. I'll let you know when I'm ready!"He kissed each of the women on the cheek. Collaborating and discussing with others proved more useful than pondering alone. He left the living room and headed to the control room on the first floor.After closing the door and confirming that no one could disturb him, Zhang Yi took out his phone and dialed Lu Fengda's number. The call connected quickly."Hey, Zhang Yi, is your stuff ready?"Zhang Yi was a bit impatient and spoke in a bad tone, "Why are you in such a hurry? Do you think I have a lot of resources in my hands? Damn it, if it weren't for the fact that you have something on me, I would really want to kill you!"Zhang Yi's harsh tone irritated Lu Fengda. He burst into laughter, "Stupid kid! Even if you kill me, you won't live long! Let me tell you, it's best not to mess with me. Once I die, within 24 hours, your information will be automatically sent to everyone's phones in Tianhai City!""Imagine how serious the consequences will be by then!"Within 24 hours. Zhang Yi quickly figured out a timeframe in his mind. It seemed that after he hung up the phone, Lu Fengda had set up the automatic upload of information."Humph, you're ruthless! Wait for me for a while. I'll deliver it to you personally!"Zhang Yi hung up the phone, revealing a smirk. Then, he opened the control room's supercomputer.This computer came with its own server and could connect to the internet throughout the entire Blue Star via the Nebula Satellite Network from outer space. Naturally, it could cover the entire Tianhai City!After some thought, Zhang Yi had an idea. While he didn't have extensive knowledge of computers, he had enough for his plan. For example, he could post on the remaining few city forums in Tianhai City and use mass messaging software to send messages to everyone."Mystery of the Theft at Walmart South Warehouse—Confirmed! Walmart stole its own goods and secretly transported them back to the country.""Where did the billions worth of goods from Walmart's warehouse go? According to witnesses, armed forces appeared that night, secretly escorting the goods. The police remain silent on this matter.""Unveiling! The largest theft case in Tianhai City, directly related to the snow disaster. Witnesses saw a UFO."...Zhang Yi pondered for a while, coming up with various flashy news headlines. The best way to bury the truth was to bury it in a pile of lies. Then, no one could distinguish between truth and falsehood. Perhaps he couldn't deceive everyone, but he could definitely make most people think it was all nonsense. Moreover, the delayed news from Lu Fengda would naturally not be trusted.In this way, he could significantly reduce the risk of being discovered. Zhang Yi edited these contents, saved them without immediately sending them out. The sending range and target were all the people within Tianhai City."Now, it's almost done! This is the extent of my countermeasures. Whether it succeeds or not, it depends on fate!"Zhang Yi prepared for the worst-case scenario. But one thing was certain—Lu Fengda must die!