Chapter 175: First Confrontation

Zhang Yi pulled the gun bolt and squeezed the trigger. However, during the interval when he was changing his gun, on the opposite bank, Xu Chunlei seemed to have sensed the danger in advance. With a fierce wave of his right hand, a large spiral of ice and snow rose, creating a massive snow fog around the three of them, blocking Zhang Yi's line of sight.
The thermal reaction disappeared from the tactical scope. Zhang Yi's gun experienced a momentary pause, and though he still fired the bullets, his instinct told him he had missed.Nevertheless, he didn't stop but opened the dimensional gate. Xu Chunlei, who had used the snow tornado on him, received it right back from Zhang Yi!Witnessing this scene, Xu Chunlei was filled with astonishment. "How can he use my ability? Is he... copying ninja Kakashi?"The snow tornado struck, shattering the snow fog. Xu Chunlei, ignoring his weakened body, hastily controlled more ice and snow to resist the force.Zhang Yi held his gun, carefully searching for the positions of Xu Chunlei and the others. As soon as there was an opening, he would instantly eliminate the opponent!"Bang!"The myriad of ice and snow collided, producing a heavy muffled explosion. Following that, snow fog filled the air, like rising smoke, spreading over the skies of Lujiang.All vision was blocked, and there was no chance to shoot.Zhang Yi frowned. In this brief confrontation, he understood that the opponent wasn't adept at using their abilities. Furthermore, during the second attack, their power had significantly weakened.If he were to chase after them now, there was a high probability of eliminating the opponent. However, due to his usual caution, Zhang Yi chose not to.Firstly, across the river was Xujia Town, and the person with the ability to control ice and snow was undoubtedly from Xujia Town. Going there would almost certainly lead him into the crowd of the opponent.Secondly, this was their home ground, and there might be traps that Zhang Yi was unaware of. It was unnecessary to take unnecessary risks.Thirdly, Zhou Keren was still in the car.After weighing the pros and cons, Zhang Yi put away his sniper rifle. He cautiously stepped back and then got into the snowmobile."If you have the guts, come and seek revenge! But next time, it'll be in my home turf."Zhang Yi didn't linger in the fight but swiftly left the scene, heading towards Yunque Manor.On the opposite bank of Lujiang, Xu Chunlei's face turned pale, fear filling his eyes. Since awakening his ability, he had helped Xudong Village establish its dominant position in Xujia Town. He single-handedly dealt with several surrounding villages.However, this was the first time his ability had been completely broken, almost leaving his life behind!"The plot shouldn't be like this! Am I not the protagonist?"Xu Chunlei wanted to cry out loud. The buddy next to him, who had a thigh pierced by a stray bullet, reached out to him, "Chunlei, don't reflect on it now. You... quickly take me back. I can't hold on much longer!"Xu Chunlei wore a bitter melon face, "You can't hold on? I'm not doing well either!"The recent battle had taken a significant toll on him. Such extraordinary abilities were not to be used casually.The uninjured buddy sighed, "Stop talking, both of you. Just want me to take you back alone?"He reluctantly supported one and, with difficulty, led them towards Xujia Village....Zhang Yi, with Zhou Keren, left the area without encountering further obstacles. This battle was quite rewarding for him. It was his first time engaging with someone possessing supernatural abilities, providing him with more insights into the use of his own powers."After returning, I must train my abilities well. In the future, the world might become dominated by supernatural beings!"Zhang Yi firmly held this belief within.Looking at his serious expression, Zhou Keren, recalling the recent battle, patted her ample chest with lingering fear. "I was really scared just now, luckily you were here! By the way, how did the battle end? Did you kill that person?"Facing Zhou Keren's curious inquiry, Zhang Yi shook his head."The distance was too far, and it was night. It wasn't suitable to continue the pursuit. However, that guy should have been scared and won't dare to easily come over to trouble me."Zhang Yi's most effective means of attack currently was his gun. When dealing with supernatural beings, a sniper rifle was the best choice. Moreover, with his ability, the most suitable combat style was defensive counterattacks or sniping from a vantage point.Zhou Keren expressed some concern, "Will he come for revenge later? Judging from the abilities he showed, he should be a supernatural being capable of manipulating ice and snow from a long distance.""By then, a snowstorm might come, burying the place where we live."Zhang Yi smiled faintly, "You don't have to worry about that. Our new shelter is absolutely safe. Even if it's buried in snow, it won't affect our lives.""Besides, with my ability, I'm not afraid of his attacks."Zhang Yi's supernatural power could rebound all physical attacks, a skill akin to absolute defense.With Zhang Yi's assurance, Zhou Keren relaxed and revealed a smile. The two of them arrived at Yunque Manor, and Zhang Yi took her to Villa 101.Looking at the huge black villa standing in the snow, anticipation filled Zhou Keren's eyes.This was much more spectacular than the previous safe house!Zhang Yi opened the door, leading Zhou Keren into the passage."Turn on the lights!"He gave the command, and the lights in the living room immediately brightened. The gorgeous living room was illuminated by the bright lights, appearing even more luxurious.The nine-layer crystal chandelier overhead was an imported high-end item, costing over ten million. Expensive things naturally came with excellent benefits. At night, it shimmered with golden brilliance, a magnificent piece of art.Even Miss Zhou Keren, with her extraordinary family background, was now attracted by the beauty before her. Her eyes twinkled with joy and curiosity."Is this our new home? It's so beautiful!"Zhang Yi opened his phone, checking the surveillance inside. At this moment, Yang Mi was lying on the bed, wearing only a set of black lace lingerie, absentmindedly contemplating something.As she had no idea she was being spied on, her posture was carefree, lying spread-eagled on the bed.That lazy feeling, combined with her sexy figure, exuded a tempting fragrance.Zhang Yi smiled slightly and said to Zhou Keren, "Wait for me here!"The two women at home always needed to meet. Zhang Yi intended to introduce them to each other.Zhou Keren nodded, and then plopped down on the sofa, curiously inspecting everything in the room.Zhang Yi went to the basement, to Yang Mi's room.