Chapter 193: Hunter and Cold Arrows

A sudden and intense explosion took away more than thirty lives in an instant! The chaotic aftermath led to countless additional deaths.
The wails of the villagers from Xu Dong Village echoed over Yunque Manor. The horrifying scene left the survivors pale-faced, with some young individuals even driven insane, screaming as they turned and ran back.The ones still alive were also left dumbfounded by the violent explosion. Some experienced temporary blindness, others were knocked unconscious by the blast, and some had ruptured eardrums, rendering them deaf.In the rear, Xu Dongsheng, along with other elders from the Xu family who were overseeing the entire situation, stood there with blank expressions. Their faces showed no emotion, and even their eyes lost their luster.They couldn't accept the harsh reality before them. The impact was so overwhelming that their brains went into a state of shutdown.A mentally disturbed young man ran over, grabbing Xu Dongsheng's thigh, and shouted hysterically, "They're dead, all of them! Blown to pieces—arms, brains, everything shattered!""Third Granduncle, they're all dead! All dead!"Even in his state of mental instability, he instinctively sought the family elders, seemingly hoping to find a shred of hope from them. However, after hearing the young man's words, Xu Dongsheng's brain slowly rebooted, and his legs gave way, collapsing to the ground.He stared at the horrifying scene before him, his breathing becoming rapid. Even in the freezing temperature, cold sweat began to form on his forehead, turning into ice particles."Ghost... he's not human, he's a ghost!""We just wanted his resources, and he killed dozens of us!"Xu Dongsheng's gaze became frantic, and he started speaking incoherently. The seventy-year-old man couldn't withstand such a blow and was on the verge of a breakdown.With so many deaths, as the head of the family, he felt responsible for initiating this operation. The villagers of Xu Dong had hoped the elders could come up with a plan, but now even the village chief was mentally unstable.Like headless flies, they ran aimlessly without anyone to guide them, resulting in more casualties falling into traps.Observing the scene from the second floor, Zhang Yi confirmed that the ice-and-snow elemental individual hadn't arrived. He put away his sniper rifle; there was no need to waste bullets at a distance of 200 meters.A flash of white light passed over his right hand, revealing a delicate compound bow in his grasp, along with two quivers of arrows.Zhang Yi hung the quiver on his waist, held the bow in his left hand, and gave a command to the shelter's AI system."Open the window in front of me."As soon as he finished speaking, the large bulletproof glass window in front of him slowly lifted. The window was designed to open outward.As soon as the window opened, the wind and snow rushed in immediately. Zhang Yi squinted his eyes, and with a quick motion of his right hand, he pulled out three arrows and placed them on the bowstring.With the assistance of precise shooting abilities, he didn't need to aim deliberately. Over the past half month, he had already become capable of firing three arrows simultaneously.Standing in the darkness, aiming at the surviving villagers from Xu Dong, Zhang Yi mercilessly began the hunt."Swoosh!""Swoosh!""Swoosh!"Three sharp arrows shot through the air. With the enhancement of supernatural abilities, the trajectory of the arrows remained unaffected by the snowstorm.Three villagers attempting to flee were pierced through the chest, front to back, by the arrows. The modern compound bow, already powerful on its own, combined with the enhanced accuracy of Zhang Yi's shooting, could even penetrate through wild boars, let alone villagers wearing down jackets.In the pitch-black night, there was no light on the second floor where Zhang Yi stood. The three arrows were shot silently, and in the chaotic scene below, no one realized they were being hunted.Calm and composed, Zhang Yi continued to take out arrows and methodically carried out his shooting. This was his first time experimenting with his new skill in a real combat scenario. Killing living targets allowed him to deepen his understanding of this ability.Everyone within his range was a potential target. Those attempting to escape took priority for Zhang Yi."Swoosh!""Swoosh!""Swoosh!"The arrows ruthlessly harvested one life after another. Soon, Zhang Yi had personally killed 26 villagers from Xu Dong.At this point, people around finally noticed that something was wrong."There's a hunter!"A villager shouted loudly. Those with shotguns hurriedly aimed, but Zhang Yi used a bow and arrow, without gunfire or light revealing his position.In the dark night, Zhang Yi had infrared tactical goggles, while they could only observe with their naked eyes. This showdown was a crushing domination that transcended eras.Seeing someone raising a gun, Zhang Yi mercilessly prioritized shooting down those armed individuals.At the same time, he opened a dimensional gate in front of him. Any objects coming from outside would be swallowed by the alternate dimension. As a top-notch defense mechanism, the alternate dimension functioned like a powerful bug.Several experienced hunters fired only one shot before being pierced through the head by arrows, eyes still wide open in death.They couldn't comprehend how arrows could reach such a distance!Witnessing the villagers fall one by one, many of whom were their own brothers and relatives, Xu Dongsheng and the other elders in the village were regretful to the point of feeling gutted.Especially Xu Dongsheng, who recalled the words Xu Chunlei had advised him earlier. At that time, he had not taken Zhang Yi seriously at all. Now, he understood how arrogant and conceited he had been.Xu Dongsheng raised his hand and slapped himself hard."I deserve to die! I am the sinner of the Xu family!"He shouldn't have ignored Xu Chunlei's advice. At the very least, he should have brought Xu Chunlei along. For the sake of his face, he had caused the deaths of over a hundred people in Xu Dong Village.Zhang Yi drew his bow and prepared to shoot three arrows at once. This feeling, not needing deliberate aiming but relying on the assistance of supernatural abilities, was too wonderful.It was like playing Counter-Strike with cheats on or using Soldier 76's ultimate ability.Indeed, in the face of mutants, ordinary people were utterly powerless.This was the disparity in the world!"Now that you're here, stay here!"Zhang Yi's voice was cold. He intended to kill everyone who had come today, leaving no one alive.At that moment, the snowstorm in the sky suddenly intensified.The torrential snowfall obscured Zhang Yi's vision, sprawling like a flood between the shelter and the villagers from Xu Dong.Zhang Yi put down his bow and arrows, a hint of excitement flashing in his eyes."Why are you only taking action now!"The mutant from Xu Dong Village couldn't resist intervening! Zhang Yi immediately switched to his sniper rifle. In this level of snowstorm, the arrows' power was no longer sufficient. A sniper rifle was needed!