Chapter 57: Heavy Casualties

Looking at the people outside the door still discussing countermeasures.

This time, Zhang Yi didn't bother aiming.

These were just ordinary neighbors. Kill them, and it didn't matter. They would die soon enough from infection in a few days anyway.

Because it was indiscriminate shooting, Zhang Yi's speed increased.

One hand quickly loaded a crossbow arrow and then drew the bow directly!

"Swish!"

A sharp sound cut through the air, followed by a scream.

A man covered his neck, eyes filled with terror, slowly falling to the ground.

People looked over and found a rusty crossbow arrow lodged in his neck!

"He's armed! Be careful!"

The people around shouted in fear and quickly tried to disperse.

But the corridor was so narrow, hundreds of people squeezed together, making it impossible to run.

Because of fear, in their haste, they tripped over each other in a chaotic mess.

Zhang Yi didn't care about them, just focused on two things: loading and shooting!

The power of a professional hand crossbow, combined with tetanus arrows, meant almost no chance of survival once hit.

"Swish!"

"Swish!"

"Swish!"

The sharp sound of breaking air was like a deadly melody, causing every neighbor's heart to shatter.

Screams echoed one after another, blood flowed from those hit, falling to the ground on the spot.

This made others even more scared, frantically trying to squeeze into the stairwell.

Some people fell to the ground, not able to get up before being trampled.

Screams were everywhere.

Chen Zhenghao held a gun in his hand, blocking the stairs, aiming at those trying to escape.

"What are you afraid of? He's just one person! Everyone, attack!"

Chen Zhenghao's cold eyes and the dark barrel of the gun scared away those attempting to escape.

Chen Zhenghao's goal was to use them as cannon fodder, deplete Zhang Yi's defensive capabilities. There was no way he would let them escape.

Sun Zhichao and others, in order to survive, stayed far away and were not hit by arrows.

Zhang Yi shot dozens of crossbow arrows, and in such a densely packed area, almost none missed.

This meant that at least dozens of lives were about to end.

However, the potential of people in desperate situations is still powerful.

Someone immediately noticed the position of the shooting hole and said, "There's a hole above the door; he's shooting arrows from there! Block it!"

Immediately, people raised brooms and mops to block the shooting hole above the door.

Some tried to throw things into Zhang Yi's room.

Unperturbed, Zhang Yi quickly closed and locked the iron door behind the shooting hole.

It could only be opened from the inside, making it impervious from the outside.

But now, Zhang Yi had eliminated dozens of combatants in one go.

Seeing that Zhang Yi couldn't shoot arrows anymore, the neighbors came back to their senses from the initial shock.